Custom Hobby Forum

• July 04, 2022, 08:02:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: Psycho Killer Kes Cur Say  (Read 2448 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Psycho Killer Kes Cur Say
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:49:46 AM »

Okay, so my french is not very goood but this little berserker is called "Hirh Karn" which is so close to Shere Khan (the tiger from the Jungle Book) as to be blatantly obvious. And he is that deadly, lethal and destructive (the Shere Khan from the book, not the disney villain from the film).

So anyway, I've done most of his armour today but here's a few photo's from yesterday.

Raaaaa!

Raaaaaa!

Surely you get the point by now :p.

And here's one taken in the shade so you can see the shading and highlights that the harsh sunlight ruined :(.

His weapons and armour will be in similar colours to the hammergirls & shieldbearers (but closer to the shield bearers).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:43:03 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
Re: Psycho KIller Kes Cur Say
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »

looking good although not sure I like the purple.  Be interesting to see how you vary the different metals on him

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Psycho Killer Kes Cur Say
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:28:12 AM »

Um yeah that purple is a real eyecatcher, but it depends on what you do with the rest of him.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:41 AM »

Well I looked at it and thought green, blue, purple or brown. I decided that brown would blend into the hair & beard too much (and as a berserker he wants to be eye catching so people will know where to find him on the field of battle). Since the cloak on his back is going to be green that sort of left me with blue and purple and I simply fancied purple more than blue that day (but looking back on it blue's a fairly soft colour whilst purple can be hard or soft and blue doesn't seem violent enough).

I'm also considering putting a few grey streaks into his beard but haven't got round to it yet (I'll see how he looks).

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 01:08:30 PM »

Yeah the blue would have mellowed him out too much I agree.  How about red on the 2 either side and orange on the middle one.  Make him look more crazed and volatile  :icon_wink:

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 01:20:11 PM »

Solid reasoning there. I want to see what you do with the rest, make him look like a psycho

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 01:40:58 PM »

Thanks for sending me the mini for nothing Gi6ers..

No problem Balgin, it was a pleasure. I'm starting a charity reuniting people with minis that they sold me in the past.

:shrug:

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »

:laughing6: :laughing9:

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »

Thanks for sending me the mini for nothing Gi6ers..

No problem Balgin, it was a pleasure. I'm starting a charity reuniting people with minis that they sold me in the past.

:shrug:

Hey this is the WIP thread, not the finished thread where I use a different pun and use a lot of dedications :p.

Hirh Karn - Shere Khan - Tiger - Tigger from the Pooh Bear books - Tiggsy (is you quote the post you'll see I've called the pictures Tiggsy :p).

In the finished thread (to be entitled He's not a tiger) then I'll thank you :p.

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 03:54:23 PM »

No worries. Consider it a birthday pressie anyway.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Re: Psycho KIller Kes Cur Say
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 09:00:47 AM »

Be interesting to see how you vary the different metals on him

Well I took these pictures yesterday and he's not finished yet. Hopefuly you can see that the sword isn't black (it's done the same way as the armour, two parts chaos black to one part boltgun metal - 'cause an equal parts mix just looked like boltgun metal, and then given a wash of thinned black ink with details being done as normal clean metal). I considered doing the "triangles" on the sword and the knee plate details in bronze but thought they might look a bit crud* on their own. There was a second ink wash used on the sword to tidy up some slippage during the highlights so it might look darker.

The cloak's not finished yet and there are also a few leather strappy buckles on his leg plates. I also need to shade the wood inside the shield (probably just ink it and thumb it). I wish I'd bothered witha  backshot yesterday but I didn't :(. Anyway, feel free to comment.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 09:15:31 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »