News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Minotaur preview from Rackham

Started by Custom_Hobby, May 16, 2007, 03:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom_Hobby

One hell of a Minotaur from our french friends:

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Fabian

Wow. Kind of top heavy but still... wow.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


gi6ers

I actually quite like the female they brought out recently but this is poo! Too fiddly and top heavy, I like it from the neck up.

Custom_Hobby

It will be expensive but I am already thinking of buying two. One to paint up as is and another to do a conversion with.

It is a nice figure but would have been amazing if they made the lower half more muscular. Looking at the main pic I wonder how it stands.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Fabian

It would be fantastic if the bottom half matched the top for size, it's a shame as he'd make a fantastic demon lord.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

cheddarmonger

Bah.

Its fierce, but it looks kinda like an overly ornate MageKnight piece to me.

I'm not diggin the carved in "freehand," although I think I see what they're trying to accomplish.  With all the texture and color-in-the-lines, it looks like it would be easier for an average painter to do something approaching that fantasticly whimsical freehand you see on most pro-painted rackham things.

I still prefer Manbane.
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Bodhi

Topheavy suits fine with the comicbook style of most Rackham figures. So it should fit in with the rest of the range. It's very well sculpted as usual but a bit to elaborative (as usual...) my main problem is the faces AND patterns on the shoulderplates. They should have decide on either patterns OR faces in my opinion. Both just looks a bit indecisive and cluttered to me.
Lovely expression and face though.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Fabian

The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Balgin Stondraeg

#9
Wow, the weapon ehad's less exessively huge than their normal cartoony bullrubbish* ratio. It's too topheavy but less so than their normal crud*. Maybe they're listening to people and finaly improving their style after all (I mean, think about it, their recent dwarfs have smaller heads, moustaches and hair so they seem to be sorting the crud* out a bit).

No more "demented Pacman with stubby little arms and legs and astrap on goatee wielding a sword the size of a car". Now they seem to be improving their "huge chunky bits with tiny little conencting bits that look too weak to take the strain" style into a "not quite so huge but still very chunky bits with tiny little connecting bits" style. So they may be headed in the right direction (although that's highly unlikely).

Bungle

A free hand face would have looked better

I don't have any rackham figures.... and nice as this is in sculpting ability, it won't encourage me to get this one.

PS  I can't say Bullrubbish*.. but can I say dung?

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Fabian on May 16, 2007, 05:24:21 PM
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on May 16, 2007, 04:27:49 PM
Perfect for Baphomet

Exactimundo.

After all those years of D&D I had to remember something :icon_wink:

By the way what do you they sculpt their figures out of?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Fabian

ah, but what layer of the Abyss does he live on? (and I can't actually remember myself, now)

I believe they use Fimo.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Fabian on May 16, 2007, 06:32:43 PM
ah, but what layer of the Abyss does he live on? (and I can't actually remember myself, now)

Ok you are forcing me to pull out my uber D&D geek hat now: Layer 600 The Endless Maze

Quote from: Fabian on May 16, 2007, 06:32:43 PM
I believe they use Fimo.

Hmm, so why is it red?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Balgin Stondraeg

Fimo comes in lots of different colours.

I've got to say this is a crud* minotaur sculpt. The head's all wrong. It looks like an elongated goat  (or possibly dog) head rather than a bull's.