News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

A blast from the past

Started by Fabian, April 25, 2007, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabian

I painted this chap.... at least 10 years ago... probably 1996...

The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


cheddarmonger

woooo!  nice hair!

Cool!  Very colorful!
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

gi6ers

Interesting to see how people's painting improves with time...here's an early one of mine (not that long ago TBH  :icon_redface:): http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/gallery.php?photo_id=300&gallery_id=30


Fabian

#3
I didn't paint anything from I think... 1997 - 2003... and then not again until 2004 but I feel I've learned more in the last 2 and a bit years than I did when I first started. The wonders of t'internet and helpful online chums.  :icon_wink:

EDIT: I started painting in 1991 or 1992 - my late nan bought me the Advanced HeroQuest paint set from Games Workshop Harrow when I went to visit. Thanks Nan!  :icon_neat:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Custom_Hobby

Online forums have helped a lot of people improve vastly.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Dr.Evil



This was my level of painting when i joined the FOD....  :icon_neutral:

@Gi6er's
Your photo's have improved as well, you should do new picture's of him as well.  :icon_wink:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


gi6ers

He's been in the stripping jar since then (twice) and I haven't seen him for a while....I'll probably stick another one on my next HF order.


cheddarmonger

Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Dr.Evil

You should post a tute on how you got your sunburn look...  :icon_whistling:

:icon_razz:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


cheddarmonger

oh, thats easy.  prime black, basecoat dark flesh, drybrush elf flesh.  I think ....  maybe a coat of dwarf flesh in there somewhere?  The key is use undiluted paint.  drybrush at full thickness
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Custom_Hobby

I remember those days. I never even finished my first mini.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Fabian

@ Cheddar Your last post made me nearly spew my tea! Full thickness paint is the only way to go! I remember your first FOD minis, Wristy, and you've really stuck at it and produce ace stuff. You also have a recognizable style, as do David and Matt, which I think shows how confident you've become.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Dr.Evil

Airfix paint's and the really thick bushy rubbish free plastic brush you got in plastic model kits, well dipped in paint and plastered all over the figure.
Highlighting, shading, black lining who needed them back then and dry brushing was for girls.  :abduct:

Those were the day's, no sense, no know how, no worrying about messing it up near the end, just you the brush the paint and a figure.  :icon_mrgreen:

I really sucked at painting big time back then.  :icon_razz:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Dr.Evil

I had to reread your post again Fabian as i thought you said "Wristy, and you really sucked at it" untill i reread it again.  :rofl3:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Fabian

Dammit! Tea spewing again! You guys are too funny!
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?