News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Main Menu

"Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available

Started by prophet, March 11, 2007, 06:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophet

Unlock the Dark Art of Miniature Sculpting!

Green stuff have you baffled? Ever wonder just how the pros do it? Here's your chance to learn some of the very same techniques utilized by industry professionals to create your favorite miniatures. If you're tired of scrounging around looking for that nonexistent "perfect figure," the solution to your problems is here! Apply these new skills towards customizing your existing figures or even creating your own from scratch! The only limit is your imagination! And your guidance counselor said you'd never amount to anything...

This kit contains enough materials to sculpt up to half a dozen 28mm figures. It includes:

24 page sculpting booklet
4 double-ended steel sculpting tools
1 rubber tipped Clay Shaper sculpting tool
1/4 tube of kneadatite blue/yellow (9 inch tape equivalent)
2 sculpting armatures
2 tapered sculpting corks
1 foot steel wire
1 foot copper wire



The booklet is also available for purchase separately in PDF form.

http://www.prophetminis.com/

Custom_Hobby

Welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to getting the set I ordered from you. I realized this is the perfect gift for a friend of mine interested in sculpting.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bodhi

 :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
I hadn't even thought about the gift potential!!
Think I've got to order me some more...
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

prophet

Hi guys,
Once I get caught up with everything, I'll be sending the pdf version along to everyone who purchased the full kit.  Remember, there are fewer than 300 shopping days left until Christmas!

Fabian

Cool!

Although I worry that this would be like the guitar, in that I'd be so excited, find out how hard it is and then leave it!  :icon_razz:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bodhi

Quote from: Fabian on March 11, 2007, 06:45:48 PM
Cool!

Although I worry that this would be like the guitar, in that I'd be so excited, find out how hard it is and then leave it!  :icon_razz:

At least this is quiet which is nice for your neighbours/friends/relatives whatever  :band: :blowup:
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

prophet

Quote from: Fabian on March 11, 2007, 06:45:48 PM
Cool!

Although I worry that this would be like the guitar, in that I'd be so excited, find out how hard it is and then leave it!  :icon_razz:

Sculpting can be a bit of a challenge.  I think the most difficult aspect is just getting used to green stuff's properties.  Fortunately you do have plenty of support available. And it's slightly cheaper than guitar ;D.

Bodhi

#8
Got mine today. Had a first brief look at it. The booklet seems well written -both funny and easy to follow. The material seems a nice help for people to get started right away.
Of the tools there was one I didn't allready have (The one with the bent needle points - I have a similar one but where the points are blunter) but that one looks useful. The others are cleaner and newer than the ones I have so they're a great addition as well.

The Jeff Valent dollies have to big heads and are fatter than the skeletons I make myself. I'll give those to my daughter who is eleven and promising (she's done two greens but most of her work is done in Fimo or sculpey)
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

Mine should be here in a few days. Thanks Bodhi.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Baldemyr

Any chance  this will be available at Gencon Prophet?

prophet


Bodhi

The packaging is often neglected in reviews. I must say that the packaging was excellent! Presented in just the way that would make people buy it on impulse if they saw it in their local hobby shop.
I've been thinking about that. There are only three wargamer oriented shops here in Stockholm but I'd gladly walk by them and ask if they'd be interested in retailing your little starters package. But I don't know if you're interested in doing it in such a large scale yet?
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

The packaging is great. I was able to fit a few more items in there as well. It makes a terrific gift.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

prophet

Quote from: Bodhi on March 16, 2007, 12:04:52 PM
The packaging is often neglected in reviews. I must say that the packaging was excellent! Presented in just the way that would make people buy it on impulse if they saw it in their local hobby shop.
I've been thinking about that. There are only three wargamer oriented shops here in Stockholm but I'd gladly walk by them and ask if they'd be interested in retailing your little starters package. But I don't know if you're interested in doing it in such a large scale yet?

That would be great.   I'm just starting to take orders from retailers.