News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

Orks!

Started by steeldragon, February 12, 2009, 11:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steeldragon

Steampunk guy is on the way to HF, Nurgle Lord is delayed thanks to the resin distributor being out of stock and now I'm sculpting an ork!









Hope you guys like it :D

Andres

Keeper

It looks spot on like the kind of ork that GW makes :D

I assume you think that is a good thing! ;) Well done, sir!
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

steeldragon

He is 30mm to the eyes and 35mm to the shoulder pad... I'm using Black Reach Nobz as reference...

Andres

Custom_Hobby

You captured the look well. So what else is sitting on your workbench?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

steeldragon

I'm converting a Gorax... the model is one of the ugliest things in Hordes, but I want one in my army... so he is currently the putty leftovers miniature... The more I look at it, it becomes more likely I will do a complete new set of legs and a different head is a must... something to go with the Tharn look and feel...






Andres

Hawkins

much bewtter than the GW ones (hate the way the legs look like they could rotate 360 at the hip )

good job.
I'll be in my bunk.

steeldragon

I say the Ork is done... I think I'll leave the weapons for later... basically when this little guy has some purpose...









The idea of doing this Ork is state that I can adapt my sculpting style... i'm building a portfolio.

Andres

Custom_Hobby

Nice work. So what are you thinking for the weapons?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

steeldragon

I think a claw and a custom-mega-blasta (the idea is to build an big not very coherent shooty weapon). Not really sure yet...

Andres

Bodhi

#10
Arms look great on the Gorax.
Orc.
Excellent sculpting, crud* design. But then I HATE GW orcs (Like the LOTR ones though). Looks just like them at least.

What I dislike most about them is the huge heads. Just because you have a huge lower jaw (nothing wrong with that) there's no need to make the whole head oversized. Looks just right on gobbos. Less so on orcs.

I see the problem though. Every time I've tried making a head of that type sizecreep comes running. I've never managed to make a proper size until the third attempt.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

steeldragon

The Orks are clearly weird... I'm not really sure if I like them or the post apocalyptic look and feel of their weapons and technology...

I finallly chopped one arm and leg to start the cyborkness...

Andres