News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

Sci fi stuff

Started by Agentmolar, May 30, 2008, 08:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agentmolar

Quote from: Sagunt on June 03, 2008, 03:47:26 PM
Maybe even something really creative and innovative like Gothic arches with lots of rivets and skulls scattered about.

I get your taking the piss here, but are you taking the piss with your earlier comments as well? Thats cool, i just was wondering if i should be self depreciating and chuckle, or take your previous comments seriously.

Ive actually cast these panels up and testing how they look next to each other as a cohesive whole.



they arent glued down or even at neat right angles at the moment, but i think they work together nicely.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bungle

how wide are the narrower panels?

just thinking laterally or horizontally in this case

Agentmolar

24 and 26 mm in width.

Why?
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bungle

Why?

Thinking horizontally




Agentmolar

lol.. you and your 15mm! lol

Im actually going to use them horizontally in some patterns.


Ill have to do some 15mm sci fi panels for you then bungle.


Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bungle

have you tried gimp wire?

(or french wire?)

Agentmolar

Both of those sound..... naughty. Do you mean guitar wire or piano wire?
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Custom_Hobby

Damn they do look good with the 15mm mini when you put them that way.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bungle

Quote from: Agentmolar on June 04, 2008, 08:59:20 AM
Both of those sound..... naughty. Do you mean guitar wire or piano wire?


French Bullion (aka French Wire or Gimp) is very fine wire that is tightly wound into a thin spring. It is used in jewelry making as a finishing touch at the end of strung pieces, such as necklaces, bracelets, or anklets. It is extremely flexible and feels soft, almost velvety, to the touch.





looks like armoured electrical cabling in the smaller scales

Sagunt

Quote from: Agentmolar on June 03, 2008, 05:49:15 PM
Quote from: Sagunt on June 03, 2008, 03:47:26 PM
Maybe even something really creative and innovative like Gothic arches with lots of rivets and skulls scattered about.

I get your taking the piss here, but are you taking the piss with your earlier comments as well? Thats cool, i just was wondering if i should be self depreciating and chuckle, or take your previous comments seriously.

Ive actually cast these panels up and testing how they look next to each other as a cohesive whole.



I should have put in another return to set. The last bit apart better.  Seriously, this is an idea that needs to be expanded. I was even going to revisit the art nuoveau with a photo I snapped recently.

they arent glued down or even at neat right angles at the moment, but i think they work together nicely.

Bungle

Quote from: Sagunt on June 04, 2008, 01:23:19 PM
I should have put in another return to set. The last bit apart better.

Seriously, this is an idea that needs to be expanded. I was even going to revisit the art nuoveau with a photo I snapped recently.


put some images up of what you mean by art nouveau sci fi

or do you mean Deco curves?

Sagunt

#26
Quote from: Bungle on June 04, 2008, 01:53:32 PM
Quote from: Sagunt on June 04, 2008, 01:23:19 PM
I should have put in another return to set. The last bit apart better.

Seriously, this is an idea that needs to be expanded. I was even going to revisit the art nuoveau with a photo I snapped recently.


put some images up of what you mean by art nouveau sci fi

or do you mean Deco curves?
 


I'll still post the pic when I get home, but yes, I meant art deco. Class had just started and I was getting the kids going while trying to compose my message on the phone-bad habit, but work server blocks ch.

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Sagunt on June 04, 2008, 02:38:03 PM
...but work server blocks ch.

I wonder why? Is there anything we can do to fix that?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bungle


Sagunt

Every forum gets blocked. No matter, school's over in one week