News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

the giant paint-off

Started by Medved, May 17, 2008, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Quote from: cheddarmonger on May 27, 2008, 08:40:50 AM
Well, just kidding on the skates!  :cm

He says this now, but lets wait and see if you come up with any other cool base ideas :icon_wink:

Quote from: Medved on May 27, 2008, 07:04:32 AM
Quote from: keeper on May 27, 2008, 06:14:42 AM


Are you going to tell us how you did in the competiton, Medved, or are you going to leave us all in suspense?  :icon_suspicious:

well i didn't even make the competition, so unfortunately i didnt bring any silverware home.

Do you mean you didn't enter, or you giant isn't finished, yet?  Either way, I'm sorry you missed the comp :(
:hal:   

Medved


Dr.Evil

I got another layer of skin done last night as mine has more skin showing I think....   :icon_ermm:
Also there's the Hobbit, crouching man and my DOD 08 Necromancer which I'm doing the skin on as well.
The Hobbit and crouching man are part of the Giant.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Keeper

Quote from: Wristaction on May 27, 2008, 10:08:39 AM
I got another layer of skin done last night as mine has more skin showing I think....   :icon_ermm:

Yeah, when I was assembling mine I found that the join between the legs, with the body slotting over the top, is really strong but just looked horrible!  So a bit of extra green stuff as given him some undercrackers that are hidden, unless looked for.

:hal:   

cheddarmonger

I know this lost a little steam, but if someone wants to join in on the Giant paint-off, I just saw this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280237815094
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

cheddarmonger

I don't think anybody dropped out, we're just kind of lagging...
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Keeper

Not me.  I put a load of work into him, so mine is about 75% done.  I still work on him a tiny bit every session, so I'll get there fairly soon. Gotta keep painting Blood Bowl minis, too, though! :icon_wink:
:hal:   

Dr.Evil

The Hobbit and crouching man are in the stripping jar as I didn't like the skin at all....   :icon_neutral:

The Giant and Necromancer will most likely be joining them too.   :icon_neutral:

When are we getting the spell checker back??
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


cheddarmonger

sorry; spellchecker is jacked.  My server doesn't apparently support it...  looking for alternatives.

Are you bidding on the Marauder Giant?
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Keeper

Not me.  Painting one of these will be enough for a lifetime, I think!
:hal:   

Dr.Evil

Quote from: cheddarmonger on June 19, 2008, 09:25:35 AM
Are you bidding on the Marauder Giant?

No, getting a new Laptop as my old one slows down that much it seems to go backwards with XP installed and it gets me something with Vista installed on it.
Also starting to save up for christmas and MOT.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Keeper

Quote from: Wristaction on June 19, 2008, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: cheddarmonger on June 19, 2008, 09:25:35 AM
Are you bidding on the Marauder Giant?

No, getting a new Laptop as my old one slows down that much it seems to go backwards with XP installed and it gets me something with Vista installed on it.
Also starting to save up for christmas and MOT.

I should probably put this in the anti-rant thread.  I had my car MOT'd today. £58.  Something is going to break soon I know it!
:hal: