News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

the giant paint-off

Started by Medved, May 17, 2008, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medved

so me Cheddar and Keeper40K are having a paintoff with something of a classic flavour.

we are all painting the classic GW Marauder Giant. he's one big hulk of lead and we only have about a week to paint him in (i'm going to be putting mine in a local comp on 24/5/08 aswell)

so here's the first shots:





he's not fully assembled (both arms are separate and so is the beer keg and sword) and the base will require some sand.

at the moment (as seen in the first pic) i'm not sure if he's more miffed at being squashed by my finger or appearing to have stepped in a large mound of greenish poo!

this model is going to make my fingers ache!

Custom_Hobby

Nice base. I am looking forward to this one.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Balgin Stondraeg

Hey, since mine's so badly painted (and thinly painted too) would you guys mind if I sprayed a fresh undercoat on him and painted him up too? No paint off thing or anything, I just might bfeel inspired to have another go at him (since the last time I basicaly put a thin base coat down and then gave the entire thing a wash of brown ink, thumbed it and called it done _ I went through a brown ink & thumb quickpainting stage for a few months in the early 90's).

Dr.Evil

It's only for fun so join in and give it a go.   :icon_wink:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


cheddarmonger

#4
Stu -- did you get your giant finished?
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Custom_Hobby

I think Keeper and Balgin were jumping into this one too.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Medved

Quote from: cheddarmonger on May 26, 2008, 02:00:21 AM
Stu -- did you get your giant finished?

sorry no. i went a bit awol in mind and spirit recently  :icon_wink:

cheddarmonger

No biggie (no pun intended!) -- let's push the deadline out 2 wks.  Sound good?  Havent finished mine either, and hoping to get Balgy, Keeper, and Wristy in on the action.
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Dr.Evil

I don't have that Giant unless someone wants to give me it.....    :tip-hat:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


cheddarmonger

bah; you're painting up the 6th ed Giant, right?  Close enough...  ;)
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Dr.Evil

Quote from: cheddarmonger on May 26, 2008, 05:04:34 PM
bah; you're painting up the 6th ed Giant, right?  Close enough...  ;)

I only get proper time to paint at the weekends so it might be a few weekends before it's finished.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Medved

get it done when you can. then we'll stick 'em all together in one big post.

Keeper

I didn't quite get mine finished this weekend, but he's well on his way to being done.  I should get him finished at some point this week, as I've just got some bits of detail left to pick out and the base to finish up.

Are you going to tell us how you did in the competiton, Medved, or are you going to leave us all in suspense?  :icon_suspicious:

And how are we going to do this?  When we're all ready, we all post our pics in the same topic, or are we going to have a paint-off moderator? :icon_smile:
:hal:   

Medved

Quote from: keeper on May 27, 2008, 06:14:42 AM


Are you going to tell us how you did in the competiton, Medved, or are you going to leave us all in suspense?  :icon_suspicious:


well i didn't even make the competition, so unfortunately i didnt bring any silverware home.

when i can get my act together you'll see some painted stuff from me

cheddarmonger

At this point, I have the flesh pretty much done, and I'm over halfway through blacklining.  Still have to work out a cool base idea, but the rollerskates are looking good.   Well, just kidding on the skates!  :cm
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!