News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

Who R U # 2

Started by dargrin, January 21, 2008, 03:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dargrin

The green is not coming out the way I want it to.  Any suggestions will be helpful.

Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Bungle

highlight the green by mixing yellow in with it?

would that be the effect you are after?

gi6ers

On the catterpillar? You've got an almost minty colour there and It looks a little artificial for me, I'd glaze with a leaf green personally.  Then highlight with a very strong, bright yellow.

dargrin

Am looking for a nice blend of greens.  Right now my paints are either too low then highlights. I guess I am looking for what people would use for greens.

Gi6ers - What brand are you refering too in regards to "Leaf Green".

Thanks for the help guys.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

gi6ers

Leaf green = goblin green or scorpion from GW, dark angels green and snot green are good bases

I've added some yellow for the final highlight:


Alternatively you've got Catachan green up to Camo green from GW.



Or for some in your face green, heavily highlight goblin green with yellow and glaze with tamiya clear green (VERY shiny)



I always use a really bright primary yellow for highlights.

Keeper

Gi6ers has already said most of what I could say, but with green, I also sometimes highlight by mixing up a lemon yellow (just white and a primary yellow), and then mixing the lemon yellow a bit at a time into my green to make my highlights.
:hal:   

dargrin

Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I fixed it up last night.   Yellow was the key.  I hope to post it over the next couple of days.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com