News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

Grymn Ground Assault Skimmer.

Started by Inso, December 20, 2007, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inso

I found a Revell ARC 170 mini kit in a cheapshop and thought that it would make a good basis for a Grymn fighter.  I got it home checked it for size and manipulated it a bit and came up with this (WIP) G.A.S. :



I then started tinkering a bit more and have now got to this stage:



The nose gun is still drying so it was unable to be photographed.

Comments Welcomed  :icon_w00t:.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Dr.Evil

Anti grav or will you have hovering jets, so it can have that menacing hover look.

looking good Inso.  :clap2:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Inso

More hover than anti-G.  If you look at the wing surfaces, there are grey panels.  They are for ducted airflow to provide the hover and steering ability.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Fabian

Steve, brilliant and bonkers  :clap2:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Perv

That looks great, superb imagination  :clap2:

Custom_Hobby

When it two things came to mine the A10 Warthog and the Apache Gunship :clap2:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

snuurg

aww, it's cute :P nice sharp work on the cockpit!
...I am the thing that darkness fears...

Theomar Pius

ACK!!!
I look all over for a decent model of the arc-170, and you converted it!
Nice job and all, but geez, convert something more common next time!  :icon_saber:

Inso

Quote from: Theomar Pius on December 21, 2007, 04:03:42 AM
ACK!!!
I look all over for a decent model of the arc-170, and you converted it!
Nice job and all, but geez, convert something more common next time!  :icon_saber:

...I couldn't help it  :icon_ermm:...they were on sale for £2-69 and at that price I couldn't say no  :icon_wink:.  They were too small to use frontway forward so I turned mine around  :icon_twisted:.

I may even drag my missus into the local town to get some more...they aren't rare in Cornwall, you're basically tripping over them down here  :icon_w00t:.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Keeper

Quote from: Inso on December 21, 2007, 06:27:10 AM
I may even drag my missus into the local town to get some more...they aren't rare in Cornwall, you're basically tripping over them down here  :icon_w00t:.

Towns aren't rare in Cornwall?  I don't think they're that rare anywhere in the UK, are they? ;)

Can't wait to see a fleet of these beauties, Inso :D
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

Now we know what Theomar wants for Christmas :icon_wink:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Theomar Pius

The only arc170 kit here in detroit is the revell kit, which is very rare and runs about $60, which is like 25-30 pounds. It's pre-painted as well, but that doesn't mean you can't paint it as well.

Inso

You should be able to get the kits you mention for around $15-00 on line (plus postage)...$60-00 is a bit steep!

The little kit I got was also pre-painted and to be honest, has taken a couple of layers of paint to undercoat it (but it is now coated).  I really must use oil based undercoat...it speeds the process up a lot.

If I spot any of them going cheap, I'll pick a couple up and if you don't want them, they will end up as something...if not just bits in my bits box.

Anyway...I have undercoated the G.A.S. Dark-Angels Green at the moment.  It will end up a mid green and I will be adding some sort of camo pattern to the top.  I may go a mid grey underneath...but I haven't got that far yet...decisions, decisions  :icon_wink:.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Inso

It's getting there slowly:



Still a long way to go though  :icon_wink:.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

matty1001