News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Some WIPs

Started by mnordgren, October 11, 2007, 07:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnordgren

Hello all, I thought I'd post some WIPs. Both were made using a mix of Greenstuff and Aves Apoxie, about 30 % GS and 70 % AA (I think). I like this mix as it's easy to smooth, and it's great for doing bigger shapes as it can be carved/sanded after it sets unlike GS.

The first one is a knight, without feet so far. There are more pics of him in the gallery. The sword is made of AA.

http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/mnordgren/newwips/front1.JPG.html

The second one I'm not so sure of what it is, more of an anatomical excercise. The hair is made of GS.

http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/mnordgren/newwips/front1_001.JPG.html

gi6ers

Not able to fill a gap with the stuff myself so very impressive. the knight looks scared and would work well in a suitable scene.

I'm sure Bodhi will be along shortly with something useful to say..

Fabian

He's on holiday, so we'll have to wait a week.
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Custom_Hobby

mnordgren have you done any more work on these?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bodhi

Quote from: gi6ers on October 11, 2007, 08:40:07 AM

I'm sure Bodhi will be along shortly with something useful to say..

That comment was an effective way of shutting me up... I get prestation anxiety :icon_redface:
It's not as if I'm the recident expert or anything  :icon_rolleyes:
Just trying to sculpt as everyone else.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

gi6ers

Quote from: gi6ers on October 11, 2007, 08:40:07 AM
I'm sure Bodhi will be along shortly with something useful to say..

or not...

Dr.Evil

Never pick your nose when using greenstuff, it's easy to get them mixed up and it's not as strong when set.  :icon_sick:

Since you more advanced at it than me, there's nothing I can advise.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


S1ND3X

i like the knight, he's got a really good pose, i think however your heads are somewhat too big, everything else will come with practice
Seraphon Productions
Oils, Pencils and Putties, drop in and have a browse

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Bodhi on November 18, 2007, 02:24:57 AM
It's not as if I'm the recident expert or anything  :icon_rolleyes:

Being that both you and S1ND3X are the most experienced sculptors that are here regularly, I would say you are :icon_wink:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bodhi

#9
AAAAAARGH!!! Beam me up Scotty! :abduct:

There's some "flakiness" to the finish of the second sculpt. I use almost the same mixture as you except I use magic sculp instead of Aves (easier to get hold of in europe) but they have the same properties I've been told. I find that the tendency for "Flakiness" in magic sculp is greatly reduced by: 1: Adding vaseline to the mixture. Plenty of it. For a peasized batch I simply dip my finger in vaseline and mix it in. 2. Making a 50/50 mix of green stuff and magic sculp 3. Using plenty of vaseline while sculpting. The magic sculp part absorbs it so it need not even be cleaned of between layers. I do it anyway to be on the safe side.
4. Not doing the final smoothing until after AT LEAST an hour (In swedish climate conditions but I believe you're from Sweden so it should apply)

Nice pose (and much better finish) on the first one. Head is big but I assume that's a style you've chosen so there's not much to say about that.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

Don't worry Kev popped by once and Steve is does come by regularly
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com