News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

Releasing the spirit

Started by dargrin, November 05, 2007, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dargrin

I have been holding back on posting any more pics of this because it's in a contest on the Reaper site but here it is completed.  I will post more pics a bit later...

If you are a member of the Reaper forum cast your vote! (maybe even for me  :dragon:)
Here is the link to the contest:
http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29557

Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Valloa

 I really liked your entry.  It's a great idea and well done base!

Maya~

Custom_Hobby

I like this one a lot. The idea and execution are both great.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bruenor Odinson

Very cool looking set up, one thing bugs me tho', there's all those leaves, but not one tree.
I guess they are beyond the walls boundries.

Keeper

Excellent piece Dargin, and different from the other entries, which are mostly rather less imaginative "girl with pumpkin" variations.

Good luck with the contest! :D
:hal:   

dargrin

Thanks for the kind words guys.


Quote from: Bruenor Odinson on November 06, 2007, 04:23:26 AM
there's all those leaves, but not one tree.

I was thinking what would make a fall like scene as my kids where playing outside one day.  They where doing chalk in the driveway and I was groaning on how my nieghbor's leaves where collecting all over my yard.  This is where the leave idea came from.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Perv

looks great mate, very autumny  :clap2:

gi6ers


Custom_Hobby

Do you have pics from other angles?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

dargrin

I don't have any here at work.  But these are the ones I posted on the Reaper boards.  I have since somewhat dismantled the scene but I can try and shoot some tonght of the base.



Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Custom_Hobby

I see the attacker wasn't in the first pic. Looks like he is in trouble.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

dargrin

That was the trouble I had of shooting this.  The piece is too large to show the details of each piece that I thought where photo werethy. The worm corpse is really cool but rather plan in the back which would hide all the free hand.   And the sarcofogus is blocking the sword and helmet so this was definately a tough one for me to pull off.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Theomar Pius

I often like to incorperate the particular season with a terrain piece I'm working.
Your leaf scatter looks great, among the best I've seen. Excelent work.

dargrin

Just wanted to thank anyone that voted for me in this contest.  I took 3rd overall.  Thanks all.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Custom_Hobby

Are there links to the first and second place minis (yes I am lazy) :icon_wink:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com