News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Main Menu

28mm Tanks

Started by Bungle, February 04, 2007, 11:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

I bought a M1A1HA Abrams tank today.

Made by Hobbymaster part of the ground power series. scaled at 1/56.

It cost me £9.99.... fully painted, rotating turret, movable main gun, rubber tracks and turning wheels.

I compared it to the Chieftan models 1/56 Chieftan..... very similar in size.. which is probably why Crouchie has no plans to make an Abrams. £10.00!!! good paintjob, even slightly weathered, no hobby manufacturer can beat that.

I bought them off of the Signalman at York show (TIGERMODELS on ebay)

I bought his last Abrams but he had two tigers in stock still when I left. None are on his Ebay shop at present (but lots of 1/43 scale stuff), but drop him an email and organise to pick one up at a show if you want one.

I have been to one of the wholesalers where he sources them from, and he isn't making huge profits... searching on Ebay they are in the $25 to $35 price including domestic US postage price range. He sells these for £10 and his typical UK postage is under £2.00.

I honestly think these are far better value than the Mongoose stuff... they are also in a better scale for 28mm miniature.

Er.... BAM sell the Tigers for £16

http://www.boltactionminiatures.co.uk/shop.php?CatID=77

Custom_Hobby

Nice stuff. Take pictures of it with the rest of your collection.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com