News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

I'll Grant you a Quick Passing...

Started by Inso, August 27, 2007, 09:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inso

Here's Grant from Hasslefree Miniatures.  He's been issued a bit of desert kit but had to use the webbing he already had...life's like that:

Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Perv

Thats great, the more I look at it the more detailed it gets.  Love the trousers  :icon_w00t:  Only criticism is his shirt is too close a colour to his skin, would have given a better effect if it contrasted IMHO.  Great work on the face too.  You've captured it perfectly  :clap2:

Bungle

Boots stand out a lot better  :icon_wink:

and the black lining makes the shirt stand out a bit better

Custom_Hobby

The black lining really did the trick with this one. Always good work from Inso :icon_cool:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Keeper

Great work, as usual, Inso :)

I can see Prev's point of view from a composition point-of-view, but then people do oftern wear colours that aren't too dissimilar from the colour of their complexion IRL, and I love it :)  To quote Inso: "life's like that" ;)
:hal:   

Perv

Thats true Dave.  I think the front part of the neck needs slightly lightening like the back of the neck.  The arms look fine and the back does but its just that bit under his chin that blends a bit too much with the shirt.  Difficult as you want that bit darker than the head to show shading.  Maybe just a slight lightening to the V shape under his chin would do it

Does anyone else think he looks like hes wearing a cap in the shot from behind?


Custom_Hobby

Do you mean because of the crease in his head?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Perv

yeah it really looks like hes got a cap on backwards to me, must be this smokey vision I've got  :icon_scratch:

Custom_Hobby

I think it is an optical illusion from the crease/fat roll (that is darker) on the middle of the back of his head.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Perv

yeah it threw me at first, I can see what it really is but think it looks more like a cap.  if u only saw it from behind you'd have trouble telling.  Obviously in real life it looks fine its just the pic looking directly at it