News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Shieldmaiden 1 of 3

Started by dargrin, August 02, 2007, 08:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dargrin

Little work done waiting for my CAV to show up.

Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

geronimo

Nice work - good,clean separation of colours, earthy tones without being muddy - all round good stuff  :clap2:
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Keeper

She's really nice :)  I like the eyes, and the understated NMM.  I like your style of NMM much more than the overworked stuff that you quite often see :)
:hal:   

Agentmolar

very nice. Very clean and crisp  :clap2:
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Perv

great job, I like all of it  :icon_w00t:

gi6ers

Nice one, the only thing I'd change is to add more highlights to her face and the metals.

Balgin Stondraeg

Ah, Princess SLeia. I've been meaning to paint those three for a while now but never got round to it :).

dargrin

Thanks for the kind words guys. 

I hope to post the 2 of 3 to night and maybe get the 3 of 3 next week.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Custom_Hobby

Nice clean work as always dargin :bludrgn2:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Dr.Evil

Sorry but have to agree with the above.  :icon_wink:

Great work there.  :occasion14:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Inso

Again, this one is nice and cleanly painted (like your second one) but the metals don't look metal to me.  I think more highlights are in order or...metalic paint?

NMM is a difficult thing to get right and there needs to be plenty of area to get the effect to work...maybe these are too small for it to work?  (I wouldn't even attempt NMM so cudos to you for giving it a go  :icon_cool:).
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

dargrin

As I mentioned in the other post this something I would like to get at somewhat good at.   I know it has been very well done at this size so I need either a different recipe or more practice.  But at this point it looks like both.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Inso

The only thing I can suggest is more contrast.  When I've seen NMM in the past there has always been sharp contrast between the 'shades'.

Again, cudos for giving it a go...you have the most important skill and that is an exceptionally clean painting style.  If you practice I'm sure that you will be painting NMM to a high standard very soon  :icon_twisted:.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/