News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

enigma massive darkness

Started by Medved, June 13, 2007, 06:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medved

just wondered what anybody thought about his 30mm range of minis, they look incredibly detailed (and pricey)

do they cast well and are they paintable?

how do they compare to other ranges?

Dr.Evil

Could you post a link please for us lazy buggers.  :icon_wink:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Medved


Custom_Hobby

I have not purchased anything from them yet. I was thinking about 2 of their figures. I need to check the web to see if anyone carried their figures with even a small percentage off.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

gi6ers

#4
Worth every penny, clean castings, VERY paint friendly and just plain great!

Recently painted the new dwarf and ordered a couple more yesterday, wish I'd seen this earlier I would've added to my order.


http://www.coolminiornot.com/157619

Yes my metals and gems are a bit crud*  :icon_ermm:

Custom_Hobby

The beard and the eyes look great though Matt!
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Baldemyr

These are the single most staggeringly well done minis ive ever seen.  The concept work as well is fantastic.  I am going to have to really put my head tothe grindstone to produce mini concepts as interesting as those

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Baldemyr on June 14, 2007, 10:57:56 AM
I am going to have to really put my head tothe grindstone to produce mini concepts as interesting as those

I might be able to help with that.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Medved

yes the concepts and sculpts look amazing, but sometimes the change to a more true scale of sculpting in 28mm yields minis that are really difficult to paint and therfore not much fun.  Illyad made awesome minis but you needed to paint a certain way to get the best out of them. bit like tom meier minis, you don't see many of them painted.

gi6ers

These are fantastic Stu, go for it. The resin bases are some of the best I've seen too.

Bungle

I saw them yesterday, and thought they might go well with Black scorpion stuff in size and post apocalypse concept...... very tempting

Captain_Jack

My DeviantArt account, click here------>
ACD PNX

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Medved

no it was done by Seth Nash ( but as a GD entry)  it's blatantly from the chaos army book and i think the guy is called corpus festerheart IIRC.

i've ordered it along with the female shaman.  looks good fun, and i may even blag it into a local GW comp as a GW miniature  :icon_eek: :occasion14:

Custom_Hobby

I am thinking about getting these two: Ahnamoth & BrĂ¼ma
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com