Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: gi6ers on January 22, 2007, 05:33:09 AM

Title: New from Bob Olley
Post by: gi6ers on January 22, 2007, 05:33:09 AM
http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/workbench.html (http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/workbench.html)

Luvverley!!!
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 22, 2007, 08:28:37 AM
Those are nice. They will go well with something I have in the works......
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Dr.Evil on January 22, 2007, 09:29:41 AM
Really fancy the gravestones, you can never have enough and the more types the better.

Might start my halloween diorama for Wyrd early as i'm thinking of doing something really BIG for it.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: gi6ers on January 22, 2007, 09:31:15 AM
The gravestones are outstanding, Bob and Jackie are really cool to deal with and HIGHLY recommended!!!

@Mike - TEASE!!!
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 22, 2007, 11:37:33 AM
Quote from: gi6ers on January 22, 2007, 09:31:15 AM
The gravestones are outstanding, Bob and Jackie are really cool to deal with and HIGHLY recommended!!!

@Mike - TEASE!!!

What are you saying Mat?  :icon_wink: j/k :icon_neat:

I have so many plans and feel like there just aren't enough hours in the day.  :surrender: Oh I need to start a thread for what you guys would like to see in a line of miniature accessories for conversions and dioramas.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on January 26, 2007, 05:42:45 AM
Yeah, they are wonderful, Bob sent me a pic before Xmas  and I've been pestering him since to release them, and he says they should be out by the end of the month, early next month, so I've put funds aside ready for them.
I really enjoyed the last three, and these seem to have a leader of sorts with them, so it should make for an interesting warband.
Just love Bob's stuff!!!!
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 26, 2007, 08:57:25 AM
Can't blame you. Please post it when they are released, or send him a note and invite him to.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: gi6ers on February 04, 2007, 01:32:47 PM
Released..http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/texanscrunts.html (http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/texanscrunts.html)

Also on sale, a truck..:
(http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/scifi/texanstruck.jpg)

Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bungle on February 04, 2007, 01:40:47 PM
Or the painted version.. the old Ainsty one

(http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/ainsty/a1788a.jpg)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 04, 2007, 05:15:33 PM
I sent him a note to join the forum.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: bob olley on February 05, 2007, 05:10:27 AM
Hi Mike, many thanks for the invite, I've just signed up and look forward posting new minis for review and joining in the discussions.  :occasion14:
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: gi6ers on February 05, 2007, 05:18:41 AM
ello Bob, order on it's way!
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Perv on February 05, 2007, 06:19:28 AM
Welcome Bob, great to see you here.  Many thanks for so many good sculpts !!!
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 05, 2007, 08:51:50 AM
Hello Bob,

Glad you joined. I look forward to seeing all of your latest releases.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: cheddarmonger on February 05, 2007, 10:21:02 AM
Whoa, we're in the presence of greatness!

Welcome Bob!

I can't count the number of his sculpts I have, he's great!

I just need to break down and go for some of his current stuff...
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: gi6ers on February 05, 2007, 10:25:56 AM
go for it Dave, it's all good - Dwarf world and the undead stuff is the dog's danglies! (You know you want the scrunts too!!)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: bob olley on February 05, 2007, 12:03:06 PM
Its good to know I'm amongst friends and since I am, thought you might like to see the old crow /ainsty truck I painted at the weekend, I'm going to use it as part of a scene with the Texans, I've got the cactus and was thinking of making an old corrogated shed,  then setting it all in an arid desert like scene. (http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/workbench/ainstytruckpainted.jpg)
(http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/workbench/ainstytruckpainted1.jpg)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: cheddarmonger on February 05, 2007, 12:11:23 PM
thats beautiful!

We need more cars in the hobby, its hard to match up the proper scale.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on February 05, 2007, 04:12:10 PM
Looks real cool Bob, nice to see you here on the boards too.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 05, 2007, 04:41:44 PM
Quote from: bob olley on February 05, 2007, 12:03:06 PM
Its good to know I'm amongst friends

That you are and please feel free to post anything you want. You will find that although it is a small group (at the moment) there is plenty of constructive feedback and a varied group of interests.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: bob olley on February 06, 2007, 05:06:09 AM
I have every confidence this forum will expand and expand, its got a good feel to it. Thanks for your welcome and I'LL be sure to post more.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Perv on February 06, 2007, 06:22:16 AM
dont suppose you have any spares of your old Ironclaw Dwarfies knocking about do you Bob?  I'm finding some of these buggers hard to come by......
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: bob olley on February 06, 2007, 12:23:29 PM
Alas, they are no more, can you believe I sold my own set a couple of years ago as cheap as chips on ebay all nicely stained, sorry I can't help you out.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 12:43:36 PM
Quote from: bob olley on February 06, 2007, 05:06:09 AM
I have every confidence this forum will expand and expand, its got a good feel to it. Thanks for your welcome and I'LL be sure to post more.

I hope it will expand well. I am glad you like the feel of the forum.

Quote from: bob olley on February 06, 2007, 12:23:29 PM
Alas, they are no more, can you believe I sold my own set a couple of years ago as cheap as chips on ebay all nicely stained, sorry I can't help you out.

So Bob are there items you have been looking for? We set up a section just for wish lists in order to help people find their individual holy grails.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Perv on February 06, 2007, 12:46:19 PM
Oh well back to trawling Ebay

Sorry to hear you havent a set yourself.  I'll save any doubles I get and give them to you as thanks for making them :-)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on February 06, 2007, 03:59:14 PM
But, but it's Bob Olley. There used to be adverts for his mini's in White Dwarf so I remember his name.

We can't have famous people here! Can we? :)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bodhi on February 06, 2007, 04:37:23 PM
Quote from: Balgin Stondraeg on February 06, 2007, 03:59:14 PM
But, but it's Bob Olley. There used to be adverts for his mini's in White Dwarf so I remember his name.

We can't have famous people here! Can we? :)

Well he could have had the decency to use a "nom de plume" as it where. From now on I'll refer to him as "you know who"  ;)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: gi6ers on February 06, 2007, 04:43:39 PM
LOL, he's just that bloke that sells me lead. You do know that you can be on his site if you paint some of his stuff dontcha?

At least 2 people from this forum are on there.... :toothy3:

We shouldn't overdo the worship of the sculptor, this isn't the FOD  :icon_whistling:
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bungle on February 06, 2007, 04:49:12 PM
~But they are on here too.....

Can I be honest.. I had never heard of Bob Olley until I saw the scrunts...

but I have been uninterested in GW products for 15 years or so.. so no wonder really.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 05:05:49 PM
Of all the great smileys that I added you two (Balgin & Bodhi) go and use the simple ones.  :violent1: :sign10: :icon_wink:

I am glad he didn't use a pen name. This way we can get opinions from one of the best and also tell him directly how much we appreciate his work.  :occasion14:

No, I think worshipping isn't good for a forum but honest appreciation isn't a bad thing. I mean hey I love to hear when people like the terrain that CH has made. It helps us deal with all the long hours of work.  :homework:
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Perv on February 06, 2007, 05:14:10 PM
We may even be able to persuade Bob to do a future figure for a comp..... :stickpoke:

:pain10:
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bodhi on February 06, 2007, 05:22:17 PM
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 05:05:49 PM
Of all the great smileys that I added you two (Balgin & Bodhi) go and use the simple ones.  :violent1: :sign10: :icon_wink:

I am glad he didn't use a pen name. This way we can get opinions from one of the best and also tell him directly how much we appreciate his work.  :occasion14:

No, I think worshipping isn't good for a forum but honest appreciation isn't a bad thing. I mean hey I love to hear when people like the terrain that CH has made. It helps us deal with all the long hours of work.  :homework:

Worshipping is silly. But if you're a craftsman you look at the work of other - more accomplished - craftsmen to get the hang of things. I look at Kevin White and Bob Olleys stuff to get the hang of sculpting (and quite a few others to of course but those are the ones I look most at.)
As for the smileys: There's just to many of them.I get lost... ;-)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bungle on February 06, 2007, 05:27:14 PM
I like this.

(http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/hellsbile/ghoulboltthrower.jpg)
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 05:46:34 PM
I know what you mean about getting lost with all of those emoticons. I am going to sort it tonight (if I get the time).

No worshipping here on the CH forum. I am hoping some of our more experienced members wouldn't mind writing up a sculpting tutorial or two.  :thumbsup:

I like that one too bungle.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Dr.Evil on February 06, 2007, 06:01:30 PM
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 05:05:49 PM
I am glad he didn't use a pen name.

I know, BIC would sound daft as a user name....  :icon_whistling:

@Bob
Did you do Cyclop skulls as i have some and i think the people i got them from (there site closed years ago, good people) got them from you.

Got the "Hell Awaits" number 6/100 just need to get a bit better at painting before i want to start it, so i can do it justice.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 06:27:25 PM
Quote from: Wristaction on February 06, 2007, 06:01:30 PM
Got the "Hell Awaits" number 6/100 just need to get a bit better at painting before i want to start it, so i can do it justice.

Wristy do you have a pic of it?
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Dr.Evil on February 06, 2007, 07:04:53 PM
Mine is in bits but Bob should have a picture of a contructed one.
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on February 07, 2007, 11:12:54 AM
Quote from: gi6ers on February 06, 2007, 04:43:39 PM
LOL, he's just that bloke that sells me lead. You do know that you can be on his site if you paint some of his stuff dontcha?

At least 2 people from this forum are on there.... :toothy3:

We shouldn't overdo the worship of the sculptor, this isn't the FOD  :icon_whistling:

Ahem we'll not mention any names *coughgi6ersbruenorcough* :toothy3:
Title: Re: New from Bob Olley
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 07, 2007, 11:42:43 AM
LOL, I need a cough emoticon....off to go searching.