News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

New from Bob Olley

Started by gi6ers, January 22, 2007, 05:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gi6ers

go for it Dave, it's all good - Dwarf world and the undead stuff is the dog's danglies! (You know you want the scrunts too!!)

bob olley

Its good to know I'm amongst friends and since I am, thought you might like to see the old crow /ainsty truck I painted at the weekend, I'm going to use it as part of a scene with the Texans, I've got the cactus and was thinking of making an old corrogated shed,  then setting it all in an arid desert like scene.

cheddarmonger

thats beautiful!

We need more cars in the hobby, its hard to match up the proper scale.
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Bruenor Odinson

Looks real cool Bob, nice to see you here on the boards too.

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: bob olley on February 05, 2007, 12:03:06 PM
Its good to know I'm amongst friends

That you are and please feel free to post anything you want. You will find that although it is a small group (at the moment) there is plenty of constructive feedback and a varied group of interests.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

bob olley

I have every confidence this forum will expand and expand, its got a good feel to it. Thanks for your welcome and I'LL be sure to post more.

Perv

dont suppose you have any spares of your old Ironclaw Dwarfies knocking about do you Bob?  I'm finding some of these buggers hard to come by......

bob olley

Alas, they are no more, can you believe I sold my own set a couple of years ago as cheap as chips on ebay all nicely stained, sorry I can't help you out.

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: bob olley on February 06, 2007, 05:06:09 AM
I have every confidence this forum will expand and expand, its got a good feel to it. Thanks for your welcome and I'LL be sure to post more.

I hope it will expand well. I am glad you like the feel of the forum.

Quote from: bob olley on February 06, 2007, 12:23:29 PM
Alas, they are no more, can you believe I sold my own set a couple of years ago as cheap as chips on ebay all nicely stained, sorry I can't help you out.

So Bob are there items you have been looking for? We set up a section just for wish lists in order to help people find their individual holy grails.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Perv

Oh well back to trawling Ebay

Sorry to hear you havent a set yourself.  I'll save any doubles I get and give them to you as thanks for making them :-)

Balgin Stondraeg

But, but it's Bob Olley. There used to be adverts for his mini's in White Dwarf so I remember his name.

We can't have famous people here! Can we? :)

Bodhi

Quote from: Balgin Stondraeg on February 06, 2007, 03:59:14 PM
But, but it's Bob Olley. There used to be adverts for his mini's in White Dwarf so I remember his name.

We can't have famous people here! Can we? :)

Well he could have had the decency to use a "nom de plume" as it where. From now on I'll refer to him as "you know who"  ;)
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

gi6ers

LOL, he's just that bloke that sells me lead. You do know that you can be on his site if you paint some of his stuff dontcha?

At least 2 people from this forum are on there.... :toothy3:

We shouldn't overdo the worship of the sculptor, this isn't the FOD  :icon_whistling:

Bungle

~But they are on here too.....

Can I be honest.. I had never heard of Bob Olley until I saw the scrunts...

but I have been uninterested in GW products for 15 years or so.. so no wonder really.

Custom_Hobby

Of all the great smileys that I added you two (Balgin & Bodhi) go and use the simple ones.  :violent1: :sign10: :icon_wink:

I am glad he didn't use a pen name. This way we can get opinions from one of the best and also tell him directly how much we appreciate his work.  :occasion14:

No, I think worshipping isn't good for a forum but honest appreciation isn't a bad thing. I mean hey I love to hear when people like the terrain that CH has made. It helps us deal with all the long hours of work.  :homework:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com