Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2018, 05:37:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Battle thread 1: Two Orcs in a Tunnel  (Read 4400 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Battle thread 1: Two Orcs in a Tunnel
« on: August 17, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »

Okay, so here's how we'll do fights. I temporarily lock the main story thread and battles are handled in the appropriate battle thread. I then update the story thread at the end of each round. The battle thread will keep an up to date battlemap that I'll be up dating as things happen.

Because we can't all be online at the same time it would be nasty to make people wait 'till it's their turn so here's how I handle things: I split the participants into groups of 3 or 4 based on their initiative and which side of the fight they're on. When it's your group's turn to post declaratipn of intent then everyone in the group can post in no particular order. Once all of one group has posted we move on to the next group. I'll allow people 3 days to post and if they haven't by then I'll make assumptions based on how they've been roleplaying their character and what they were doing last.

I'll be putting a copy of the battlemap in the first post of every thread. When I update the battlemap, I'll put the updated version in the relevant post (last post) but I'll also update the version in the original post. I'm off to make the map now so I'll see you soon folks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:44:29 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Battle thread 1: Two Orcs in a Tunnel
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 03:15:31 PM »

Dekion advances on the orcs and attacks (full) with his scimitar.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 03:45:50 PM »

Okay folks, initiative order is on the map. I'll call group 1 Sarian, Ellion & Rhana whilst group 2 shall be Dekion & the orcs.

Group 1 may now post their actions (just remember that the two easternmost rows in Sarian's room are a pit all the way along).

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:49:29 PM »

I inspect the rope (length, material etc) as I guess I am unaware of the orcs

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:52:59 PM »

OOC: Eyeolas you might be able to hear the commotion. This sucks that I am right next to them but last in the intiative order. Well i already delcared what I am doing for when the time comes.

Balgin why not just make the pit squares black

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 03:53:13 PM »

I inspect the rope (length, material etc) as I guess I am unaware of the orcs

It's a good hefty bundle of rope, you'd say about twenty yards long without unrolling it. It's in pretty good condition too. I'll include that in the story thread when I do the end of round update :).

OOC: Eyeolas you might be able to hear the commotion. This sucks that I am right next to them but last in the intiative order. Well i already delcared what I am doing for when the time comes.

Yep, and when the time comes I'll ask how much power attack you want this round :). The scary thing is that with improved initiative bringing their initiative modifiers up to +7 these orcs still managed to roll that low. Oh yeah, they've got class levels BTW :).

Balgin why not just make the pit squares black

I thought about that but decided against it. I might darken those squares a bit in photoshop before the next update 'though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:55:41 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 04:07:06 PM »

Ellion casts Bless
She's still holding her mace. I presume she can still cast the spell (otherwise she'll put it at her belt) but her shield is still on the back.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 07:10:25 AM by Bodhi »
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »

I put the rope in my backpack, draw my bow and string an arrow (all quietly) but don't tense the bow

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 12:12:02 PM »

Can I hack them to pieces now? :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »

I'll wait a little longer for Rhana, offenssive spellcasters are the hardest to predict (although not when they've got such a lethal wand :p).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »

Rhana quickly reaches for her wand of magic missiles to fire off a blast into the orcs. Two into the first orc, and one into the second, please.

"Guys with the hand weapons next!" she cries, "I need to prepare another spell!"

She does not actually prepare another spell immediately, . but will move backwards down the corridor 15', to make sure that the party is not being flanked.

Sorry for the delay, guys!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 02:12:25 PM by keeper40k »
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »

MM 1st orc 10 damage, 2nd orc, 5 damage (yes, all rolls maxed!). The first orc's looking like he's lost almost half his hp already due to that.

The orcs advance swinging their morningstars at Dekion (orc 2 charges, orc 1 just advances).

Orc 1 attack 18 (miss). Orc 2, attack 19, damage 6. Why did that 19 hit? Dekion's currently flat footed (although not for much longer).

Okay Mike, you've got two attacks so go some. Do you want to power attack (they're in medium to heavy armour regardless of the picture indicating otherwise) and if so then how much? Also do you want to split attacks or pound one?

Round summary so far: Orc 1, 10 damage, Orc 2 5 damage, Dekion 6 damage, Ellion cast bless, Rhana used 1 MM charge from wand.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:11:57 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »

MM 1st orc 10 damage, 2nd orc, 5 damage (yes, all rolls maxed!). The first orc's looking like he's lost almost half his hp already due to that.

"Woop!  Take the pain, foul-smelling orc scum.  You look like candidates for natural de-selection!"
:hal:   

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 05:51:05 PM »

"Cousins, cousins desist!" Ellion shouts at the orcs in their own language but knowing her kin she knows they probably won't listen

For the next round Ellion will cast "Cure light wounds" on Dekion (I know we're not there yet but regardless of outcome that will be useful)
Oh and she'll take one step back leaving the firing range clear for Sarian.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:57:05 PM by Bodhi »
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 06:02:36 PM »

I'll split the attacks and 3 for the power attack