News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future

Started by Perv, January 25, 2007, 03:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perv

I've only recently discovered this mini but understand its been about a few months.  The sculptor did some of the new GW Dwarf Slayers, (yes they are new...honest...check the poses) and he did a couple of Dwarf Lords amongst other figs.  For Dwarf collectors this will probably become a sought after figure when its oop and theres only 98 castings left at the moment, not sure if more being done though...still it will go oop soon I think

http://avatars-of-war.com/web2mail/web2mail.php

Its a very very nice figure though and full of detail.  Was one of 5 fantasy figs selected for figure of the year on a website I read the other day

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Perv

I sent him an email to enquire a day or 2 ago, no reply yet.....will let ya know mate

gi6ers

Yup, nice stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing more originality from the line though. Saying that, I bought one  :icon_redface:

Here's mine: Linkage Bad pic!

Custom_Hobby

Nice and gribbly (where is buggrit?). I like what you did with it.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bungle

I had to double check the green when i saw your painted one....

Nice paint job... I thought he had small tusks... I thought "cool a dwarf slayer with tusks, a nice touch".. then checked the green and saw they were things in his 'tasche.

maybe someone some day will make "barbarian dwarves with tusks" for some system.

Topic split

Perv

Thats a great paintjob mate, mine well be a fraction of the quality but I'll post a pic soon when I paint it, will make yours look even better :-)

cheddarmonger

I had a bunch of the Dragon Rune figures.  Wonderful sculpts, full of character, high quality.
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Custom_Hobby

I may see what his rates are and get him to sculpt something for me.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Perv

All his figs look cool and very detailed, I'm not surprised people have already got into his stuff.  A good choice for a commision but maybe go through his work place (Privateer Press) as he doesnt seem to answer personal emails

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bruenor Odinson

I bought one just before Xmas, and it took a while for him to request the money through Paypal, then took about three weeks to arrive from Spain, I guess it was due to the Xmas post, but well worth the wait, it's a stunning sculpt, in the metal so to speak.
Mines about half done, hope to get some more done soon, but with e commission I'm doing at the moment, it's doesn't seem likely.

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com