News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Main Menu

Taxxis freshly bitten

Started by Medved, July 24, 2007, 05:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medved




pics are not stallar, but then neither is my eyesight at the moment.

after a long time i finally do some damage with the paintbrush!

Balgin Stondraeg

Wow, does she really have such a triangular face? Maybe it's just the way you've shaded it but it almost looks like her cheeks don't exist. So she's hiding her face eh? Fresh bitten, nice shy, eh? :p

Medved

not so triangular, it's just the hair colour making it look narrower (plus the shading)

she is supposed to look shy and forlorn as if she has just bitten her wrist and is offering it out so that someone else can join her in the afterlife.  the blood splatter is from the victim she has just hacked to pieces

Balgin Stondraeg

I hadn't actualy noticed the wrist but I had seen all the other blood and assumed it was someone else's.

Dr.Evil

Very good work for just the evening, would take me two days or more and it wouldn't be as good.  :clap2:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Keeper

Dang! That is one great vampyre, PS4 :D

I hope mine comes out half as good when I get to her ...  :clap2:
:hal:   

geronimo

She's fab,mate - more detailed frothing on FoD  :icon_wink:
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Custom_Hobby

Great work as always Stu. How long have you been painting? :bludrgn2:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Medved

i think she took about 3 hours in total with beer stops along the way  :icon_wink:


Perv

The top pic should be redone mate, it doesnt do the bottom pic justice.  Looking at the lower picture, that fig is amazing.  I love the flesh tones, blood splatters and hair, all superbly painted.  Nipples however are too red and unless she killed her victim for sucking them red raw then a more browny or pinky colour may have been better IMHO.  3 hours work with breaks?  Man after my own heart !! !  I have at least 2 smokes whilst painting and I usually take 2-3 hours per fig now (smoke breaks are 1/2 hour each).  I had a disagreement on CCM yesterday where I thought some figs were overpriced.  They think it takes 4-7 hours per fig to produce 5 uniformed figures.  I think this is madness and anyone taking that long realy shouldnt be doing it for a living....

Keeper

I think her nipple colour is fine.  Sure its a bit on the red side, but it just makes her look, shall we say, excited ;)

I saw your comments on CCM, Geroge, and I agree.   I don't mind spending 6 hours painting a mini, but then I do it for fun!  And even I don't usually take that long.  Of course, if you've got 9 GDs to show off, then you can probably command enough for your figures that you can take 8 hours per mini and still get a good hourly rate!

I received a mini today in the post that I bought on ebay from FOD: orctrader
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ana-Hasslefree-Grymn-PAINTED-28mm-Sci-Fi-dwarf_W0QQitemZ320137091056QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2547QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

She is great, and cost me £8.75.  But take off the £2.50 for the cost of the mini and she's on a resin base I don't recognise, but must have had a cost; then I hope he was able to paint her in less than an hour!

But now I'm starting to cross-post, so I'll shut up and have a  :icon_beer: :D
:hal:   

Perv

lol yeah you cant argue with 9 GD's.  Those Dwarfs I was talking about were never gonna win a GD though.

Back to subject, excited, she looks like her nipples have been ravaged by a footie team and then she got her own back after  :icon_w00t: They are done well though and better than my attempts would be.  Rarely find a nipple on a Dwarf though, thankfully....

Thats a great buy for £8.75.  I think he was gutted it went for that.  I'd say 2 hours to paint that as theres no intricate details but its a great looking fig nonetheless.  People seem to think that producing a figure of that quality takes a long time, it doesnt.  You still paint figs in the same time its just as you get better, the result improves also.  In fact as you get better the time taken per fig should be reducing methinks.  Obviously if you're entering a contest then it can take months to do the amazing detail and an immense base.  But with so many good figs around it pays to get them painted quicker  :icon_w00t:

Bruenor Odinson


Dr.Evil

Quote from: paintslave no.4 on July 25, 2007, 05:13:20 AM
i think she took about 3 hours in total with beer stops along the way  :icon_wink:



:icon_evil:  '#*&%$£"!!!
Would take me longer to just do the skin without breaks and it wouldn't be anyway near as good.  :icon_evil:

Quote from: Perv on July 25, 2007, 10:02:44 AM
People seem to think that producing a figure of that quality takes a long time, it doesnt.  You still paint figs in the same time its just as you get better, the result improves also.  In fact as you get better the time taken per fig should be reducing methinks.

I find i take longer as i improved, the quickest i have done a figure in is 7 hours and that was starting with a pre-primed figure and ending with uploading the picture's.
That was starting just after 9pm and finishing before 4am in the morning with hardly any breaks.
Got bit by the painting bug and had to keep going.  :dragon:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Medved

some people like to work quick and find a routin that helps them churn out a good result in a quick time.

i use quite watery paints and use a lot of successive shading and feathering a lot.  you have to be quick to paint the way i do. 

i can see how people spend 20 hours on a mini, it's the difference between exhibition painting and painting for yourself.  if i spend more than 10 hours on a mini i either get bored or win a golden demon  :icon_wink: