Custom Hobby Forum

• February 27, 2021, 10:17:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Would you send this back?  (Read 3912 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Would you send this back?
« on: July 17, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »

Thanks guys. The order arrived today. Unfortunately it was a rather bad misscast (see attached photo's). Did you get any others when you restocked? I suppose I could always call that a very used shield but the crack goes right through the middle of his body and in some places the gaps are just a bit too wide for filling with putty. If you only got the one then that's tough luck I suppose but I'm pretty inclined to send this back as it's a fairly poor casting :(.

Cheers for the help guys,
Raph

cheddarmonger

• I Smell of Cheese
  • Administrator
  • Mature Adult dragon
  • It looked like a mouse hole to me?
    • Cheddarmongers
Re: Would you send this back?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:46:11 PM »

ew.  not familiar with the piece, but that looks dreadful.  Where'd you get it?  If from Rackham, they should just send you a replacement.
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:49:24 PM »

Whoever made that should fire the caster. You should send that back.

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »

They should send out a replacement and more likely tell you to keep the mutated cast.
So don't be nasty in the Email, state the facts and show the picture's and ask what to do about it.
When the same thing happened to me i got sent a replacement and got to keep the badly cast figure too.  :icon_wink:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »

crikey thats bad.  cant see how they can send something like that out and not expect sarcasm in the reply note !!!  Wristys right though, be nice b4 being nasty  :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 05:36:09 PM »

crikey thats bad.  cant see how they can send something like that out and not expect sarcasm in the reply note !!!  Wristys right though, be nice b4 being nasty  :icon_wink:

I thought that was nice.

It was lying in it's front in the blister pack so you couldn't really see the huge hole through the middle (although you could see the shorn through section of the shield).

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

Don't ask if they have any others and don't say anything about sending it back, if they do then ask who pays for the return postage as it's not your fault.

Just nicely say whats wrong with it and ask what to do about it and see what there reply is, it's cheaper for them to just post out a replacement than go through the bother of getting you to send the badly cast one back.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 05:04:59 AM »

didnt realise that you'd sent msg already mate, let us know what they say.

Even if you couldnt see the damage so much in the blister pack, whoever put it into the blister should be shot !!!  Theres no excuse for packaging a figure that badly cast

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »

Let us know how it goes. I cant understand missing any of that but the worst part is how in the world did they miss that cracked shield?

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »

Well they're just importers. I blame whoever packed it at Rackham. Yes I know it's an old mould but that's not a mould line. It's the mould not even meeting with the gap across the shoulders being a good quarter of an inch wide in at least two places. Almost half of the back of the model isn't even there and a few globs of unformed metal attempt to fill the gaps between the two halves.

I think it is officialy the worst misscast I've ever seen (it's the only one where it was more than a mould line and maybe a few extremities missing with lumpy bits where they should be).

I sold a perfectly good copy of this miniature last year to a FOD member. I sold them all my Rackham stuff (since I'd never used it). I wish I hadn't now :(. Was it Bruenor? I really can't remember. Possibly Fabian.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 11:12:34 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »

You sold me a few like this. Can't see it well enough TBH....You can have them back or trade if you like as I don't like them...

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 01:44:34 PM »

Rackhams casting must have gone downhill as mine are all perfect and probably the best casts I have ever seen.  I have around 40 odd figures by them but I did get mine in 2003 though so was a while back.....

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 01:56:39 PM »

Can't see it well enough TBH.

http://www.rackham-store.com/boutique_us/fiche_produit.cfm?type=155&ref=UKNAHE02&code_lg=lg_us&pag=1&num=10

That's a front on picture. The photo's I took illustrate the huge crack/gap that shouldn't go all the way across the shoulders behind the head, down through the shield on one side and coming out through the bottom of the cloth at the back.

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 02:02:54 PM »

Yup, got him.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 04:01:15 PM »

Okay, well I'll wait and see if I get an answer from these people before doing anything. Have you started painting "it" or anything yet? I hesitate to call it a "him" as that would suggest some kind of personality :p.