Custom Hobby Forum

• September 27, 2021, 05:06:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: (Part 3) The Abbey on Guardian  (Read 47435 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Re: (Part 3) The Abbey on Guardian
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2007, 06:47:09 AM »

The purpose of the building directly oposite the cloistered walk (2) is uncertain but considering how it's joined to the main building it's probably important, or similar in function. The building outside the kitchens (6) is also fairly plain. The other building near the kitchens (5) looks slightly more attractive, and less homeley than the others  and it is to this that the explorers go. Looking between the two buildings they spy the garden shed (4) in the distance and the other building (3) is clearly a stable.

The building they have chosen to investigate is a wattle and daub structure with a thatched roof. Inside an airy common room has recently been tidied and prepared to recieve geusts. Fresh flowers stand in a vase on a table in the middle of the room and a basket of apples, quinces, bread and cheese has been left out beside it. There are two bedrooms, each containing a freshly made bed, neat sheets on ever so soft blankets, and a chest for storing personal possessions (both are currently empty).

This is clearly the geust house. As the group are about to leave the temperature drops noticably and a slight breeze brushes their cheeks as if someone had recently passed very close by entering the room from the doorway. Turning they watch in awe as an invisible hand writes in the dust on the tabletop.

The Beast struggles to be free. The stones must be returned. Seek for Diamasin at the Southcrown. The way is hidden but the Lord of the Starlit Realm knows the way.

Dadda dun dun dun dun...........

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2007, 06:57:48 AM »

"Right.  Now that is downright freaky.  But ... I think I know what stones it is talking about, even if I don't know where they are to be returned to - although I'd guess it would be the dig site."
:hal:   

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2007, 07:17:24 AM »

"B-by Gurthor's Hairy Armpits! Let us find these cursed rocks and take them back where they belong!"

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2007, 07:46:14 AM »

"When we were back in the tavern in port, where we picked up this job, I was approached by a swarthy type who said that his colleague intended to steal some jewels from the dig site and he needed help getting them off the island.  I talked to him, and let him think I agreed to help him, without actually agreeing to anything, thinking that any information about where we would be going might be useful."

"Well, I suppose it has been, as I can't imagine these monks being rash about taking things willy-nilly from the dig site and unleashing ghostly hands and terrors that seems to kill without touching - but I can imagine some two-bit theif doing such a thing for a shiney gemstone."

"I know where the drop is supposed to be - that is to say, where some of these gems might be, if we want to go an look for them."

"I am sorry I did not share this with you all earlier, but we had only just met, and I didn't want to tell you all I talked to some criminal on the same night we started on this adventure."

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2007, 10:25:07 AM »

"No worries here Raul. Someone should write that message down to show the others." Aurum grips Axerager tightly and adjusts his shield "It looks like things are going to get fun now!"

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »

Raul makes a note of the message before the group press on.

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2007, 11:08:48 AM »

"Shouldn't take but a minute to check the other buildings quickly, before we head off for the tree- I mean, wherever the jewels be hidden!"

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2007, 11:12:01 AM »

Aurum does a quick search of building 5 to make sure we have not missed anything.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2007, 11:26:09 AM »

Well there's the fruit and flowers but there's nothing else really (obviously naything the last geusts left behind has been collected by the monks, maybe even sent back to the mainland).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2007, 11:30:55 AM »

"Well I guess we keep moving."

Off to building 6?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #265 on: August 28, 2007, 11:37:29 AM »

"Agreed."

Building 6 it is!  Drag me around with you guys, I'm offline for the night, now.  Zombie me, please, CH in the event of a fight.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2007, 11:41:09 AM »

No prob

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #267 on: August 28, 2007, 11:46:16 AM »

Zombie me

You may come to regret that precise choice of words later on :p.

Once they approach the next building and try the latch the group discover that there is something heavy blocking the door on the inside.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2007, 11:54:51 AM »

Aurum attempts to force the door open.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:06:26 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2007, 12:13:45 PM »

Aurum applies presure to the door and a few sharp shoves. Those present hear the sound of stacked up objects being dislodged. With Raoul's assistance he is able to force the door open causing the stacked up benches behind the door to topple to the floor.

Inside a table, benches and chairs mark this room as a communal living area. Some wooden cups and platters with scrud*s of leftover food lie dotted about the table. There are also some discarded hands of playing cards and a few coins (15cp, 7sp).

A workman in a coarse shirt and light brown britches lies dead near the table. His face is paralized with fear and his right hands grips a pendant at his throat.

Dead list updated, abbot healed 1 subdual damage. I left off the description for the stuff behind the curtain because you guys might want to deal with this room first :).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 12:18:19 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »