News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition

Started by Keeper, July 06, 2007, 06:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper

Anyone else entering this?

Here is my entry (and yes the rules let me post it here! :))

You comments and feedback are welcomed.

Before you mention the glossiness of the mini, you should know that she has had two coats of Dullcote already!  I'm choosing to say it is hot in the 'nightclub' she works in, and her clients perfer her to be 'glowing' :D

:hal:   

Perv

That looks good mate, very good skin tones and the colour scheme works well  :clap2:

gi6ers

Quote from: keeper40k on July 06, 2007, 06:40:05 AM
Anyone else entering this?

No, I find Adam's sculpts to be a pain in the ass to paint...

I did buy this mini to have a go and go a bit fed up with her so I'm doubly impressed with your result. Good luck!

Keeper

Thanks chaps.

@gi6ers: I must admit I hit a blank patch on this mini after I'd painted her.  All those items on the tray were rather daunting when I got to the point I had to paint them all.  And it felt like there was something wrong with the calves, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
:hal:   

Perv

Now you've pointed it out, her left calf does look a bit too light on the back but I only noticed it since u said it  :icon_eek:  I love the thought of painting things like that tray but when it comes to it I always bodge it up.  Its just so fiddly.  Think you did really well with it.

Dr.Evil

I stuck my Winne in the comp.  :icon_wink:
http://www.customhobby.com/forum/index.php?topic=734.new#new

She's wearing PVC and sweating due to the heat.  :dragon:
Shes looking good and some nice freehand there as well. :icon_wink:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


cheddarmonger

she's very bony, would make a good zombie thrall...

You did a great job on this.  Nice flesh color, and the details really stand out.  Good luck!
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Bungle

thats not bad at all. I am impressed with the tray objects. Skin looks dusky... latin...

but get some new dullcote if thats the results

Dr.Evil

I use the spry dullcote but you might just need more coats to remove the shine.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Custom_Hobby

I use the spray as well (just shake the life out of the can). Nice work Keeper!
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Keeper

Thansk guys.  I can't wait until next week to see how everyone has done :)
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

Same here. I think it is going to be hard to pick the winner
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Dr.Evil

Thing-e's one  :icon_scratch:
The first one posted on the FOD, the musketeer dog is a great one and the cowboy dropping the cards is another.
They will be hard to beat.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Keeper

I totally agree, Wristy.

Between the musketeer, the cowboy dropping cards and the seven curses mini that was posted on FOD in the last day or so, the best I can hope for is the Adam thinks my mini is cool in some way.

But it was a good excuse to get her painted :D
:hal:   

Dr.Evil

Your the same as me, you enter for the fun and to improve your painting.  :icon_wink:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction