News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........

Started by Bruenor Odinson, July 01, 2007, 04:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruenor Odinson

Hi again folks,

Been swishing that old brush about again, mainly working on a commission of villagers/townsfolk for a client, but have managed to get an entry ready for the World of Minis Mechanical Mayhem comp' (please vote for me?), and do a tabletop standard Manticore for my own gaming.

Let me know what you think, especially you Fabian as you traded me the Bounty Hunter.













Thanks
Bruenor Odinson.

Agentmolar

The photos get better as you go down the page. Nice work mate. You guys are prolific painters.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bruenor Odinson

Yeah, the townsfolks were only quick pics to show the progress, and he only wanted to pay for tabletop quality, so they don't outshine his players minis.

Thanks

Custom_Hobby

Nice clean paint jobs. they all look good. I love the vibrant look of the green on the manticore.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

gi6ers

Good stuff as usual, chainsaw blokey stands out for me!

Bruenor Odinson

Thanks guys, don't forget to click the WOM link and vote for me, I need all the help I can get in this comp', up against some real good entries.

Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bruenor Odinson


Dr.Evil

#8
Small question, where's the bit to vote with on that site.  :icon_scratch:

You paint too fast RASSSSP!.. :coolpics:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Custom_Hobby

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bruenor Odinson

Yeah, it's free and easy to join, and a nice bunch of guys, bit like here.

Dr.Evil

 :Doh!:

Going to join now.  :icon_redface:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Bruenor Odinson

Hee hee.

Have to paint fast, need all 46 townsfolk done by the end of July, then I have the whole of the game Space Crusade's mini to do as a commission.
Geez do I have time to paint my own minis....................no!
Well I make a little time now and then...........hee hee

Perv

Great work mate, I especially like the farmer bloke in the middleish pic, with the big stick. Shame they're not yours to keep !!!  Can you show us pics of your space crusade comission too please?  I have these but still never painted as wont paint plastics til I am happy with my skill level, pain in the ass stripping them.  Theres some good figs in the Space Crusade box though and reckon you can do some mean paint jobs on the chaos marines  :icon_w00t:

Bruenor Odinson

Cheers buddy,

I'm just waiting for the SC minis to come in the post, need to finish off the townsfolk first.
From what I can gather he wants the CSM, in greens, which suits me perfectly, as I love doing green.
Stripping plastics is a walk in the park if you use neat Dettol, leave 'em 24hrs and then a quick rub over with an old toothbrush, and clean as the day they were bought, unless they are undercoated with GW black spray, then it tings the plastic a dark grey.
It's also safe for metals, and both can be left for ages to get a really deep clean, I have some plastics that were in mine for over a month with no damage.