Custom Hobby Forum

• December 05, 2020, 09:44:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Yet another eBay store...  (Read 12021 times)

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
Yet another eBay store...
« on: June 21, 2007, 05:02:37 PM »

Hi folks. Quick link http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Fenris-Games for our eBay shop where the 28mm phoneboxes shown elsewhere will soon be up.

Wide range of general hobby supplies - plasticard, glue, cheap tools. Expanding range of resin scenery -  OOP miniatures and RPG stuff as and when!

Always interested in suggestions for new stuff, too. We've got laser cutting CAD equipment for fine detail and accurate prototyping, vaccuum-casting setup for "bubble-free" resin casting, and a workshop full of machinery ready to make just about anything you can think of :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 04:47:07 PM by geronimo »
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Yet another eBay store...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »

I made this a Sticky since it is so relevant to the hobby. Thanks for posting it.

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 05:10:09 PM »

Thanks,Mike - appreciated.
Fenris Games

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »

Happy to help.

A quick tip for those who want to see the prices converted into your countries curency: Just change the .co.uk portion of the URL to what matches your regional ebay (as an example US would be .com)

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 05:24:20 PM »

After checking your Ebay i realised that i have got stuff off you before with no hassles and they were good product's too.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »

I like that irregular flag stone sheeting.  I may grab some of that off you when I'm moved and settled and able to build my Heeeewwwwwwwgggggeeeeee diorama

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 09:30:23 PM »

Dare i say it reasonable prices as well.. Ill be looking in on this. Consider yourself bookmarked!
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 05:41:33 AM »

£5 for an A4 size sheet of flagstone paving doesnt sound cheap to me......

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 08:09:54 AM »

Not what i was looking at. The terrain seems reasonable to me... well until i convert it to AUD!! Nah, seems ok.

Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 08:11:58 AM »

yeah the majority seems well priced, typical that what I want is expensive.....

I bought some cobblestone sort of rubbery floor tiles from DoOrDice in the US and I am very happy with those but joining them together is a bit of a problem.....

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 11:45:32 AM »

£5 for an A4 size sheet of flagstone paving doesnt sound cheap to me......

I agree with you on that particular item. Unfortunately our supplier charges an arm and a leg for some of the textures (chequerplate industrial is by far the worst) and on some of the textures (roof tiles,for instance) we're actually making a loss at the prices listed on eBay. The theory is (working so far!) that people tend to come back for other bits and pieces so we recoup the losses elsewhere.

We are looking at producing our own tools and moulds for plasticard textures but at present, since those listed are injection moulded (ie from tools costing thousands of pounds) and our own equivalents would be vaccuum-formed (much cheaper to produce, but less sharply detailed) we're sticking with these till we can produce something we're happy with. Once we can, sheet texture prices will drop by at least 50%.

As regards resin scenery, one of the things that's always annoyed me is the generally high cost of available scenery. I'm not sure whether it's down to other people buying expensive raw materials or just pocket-lining, but modern resins bought in quantity are quite a bit cheaper than you might imagine. What does drive the cost up is the labour time involved in actual turnaround of moulds, and replacement of silicone and PU moulds. That's one of the reasons I'm double checking costings for the new phoneboxes - newish materials and more intensive production involved. The aim at the end of the day, though, is to hit the right price point at which we can shift larger numbers of items, rather than relying on a big payoff from a few individually "loaded" lines. This has always been, at heart, a pocket-money hobby, and we're doing our best to keep the majority of our stuff within that ethos.

Anyway, enough babbling and soft sell..... :icon_wink:
Fenris Games

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 11:48:41 AM »

Not what i was looking at. The terrain seems reasonable to me... well until i convert it to AUD!! Nah, seems ok.

Heh.We do actually shift a fair amount of resin scenery to Australia. A popular tactic seems to be to load up a parcel with as many items as possible within airmail weight limits, which tends to work out much more economical than buying lots of individual items. Though, obviously, you need that kind of budget to begin with. And no, I'm not trying to influence you into buying more :P
Fenris Games

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 11:56:02 AM »

I'd be quite happy to pay £2.50 per sheet of that flooring but that £5 is a bit pricey for me as I'll need 6-8 sheets I think.  I'll wait til you start making your own mate, I'm in no rush at the moment as still have 100 or so Dwarfs to buy so that keeps me occupied  :icon_razz:

Those bases I think I will grab off you next week though when I have got my head round my finances.

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 12:07:52 PM »

I'd be quite happy to pay £2.50 per sheet of that flooring but that £5 is a bit pricey for me as I'll need 6-8 sheets I think.  I'll wait til you start making your own mate, I'm in no rush at the moment as still have 100 or so Dwarfs to buy so that keeps me occupied  :icon_razz:

Those bases I think I will grab off you next week though when I have got my head round my finances.

Well as I'm probably going to be looking at a set or two of your swords, maybe we can do some kind of a deal ;)

Failing that, the random flags texture would probably be one of the first we'd try to produce, so we may even have the moulds by the time your dwarfs are done  :icon_w00t:
Fenris Games

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 12:38:09 PM »

Sounds good to me  :icon_razz:  Swords for scenery  :icon_w00t:

I have another couple of sets I have to put on the site yet and gotta take a couple off that are sold out but will do this weekend mate
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up