News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......

Started by Bruenor Odinson, April 28, 2007, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruenor Odinson

Yep actually managed to sit down and paint today, and painted 3, yes count them 3, minis to completion.
Quite a feat for me.









Really do like these Scrunt minis, and from what Bob has said, I've a lot more painting in store in the future, with more new releases. :icon_w00t:

Thanks
Bruenor

Bungle


Inso

Very nicely painted  :icon_razz:  but the miniatures do absolutely nothing for me.  I'm not a Bob Olley fan and would always go for Grymn over these. 
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

Bodhi

Funny I love BOTH scrunts and Grymn. And Bob Olley and Kev White are my greatest source of inspiration.
I had kind of started to assume that everybody who liked Kev Whites style liked Bob Olleys as welll  :icon_scratch:
Obviously I was wrong.
Those scrunts are luverly.

But who grew all the grass in the spacestation? And why does it only grow around their feet?  :icon_suspicious:
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Bruenor Odinson

Thanks.
They need to take some grass with them, or they get sad, by all the techno destruction around them.
I think.....?

I love Bob's stuff to bits, and can't get enough of it, just something about the character of each piece that grabs me.

Bungle

Quote from: Bodhi on April 28, 2007, 01:15:21 PM
Funny I love BOTH scrunts and Grymn. And Bob Olley and Kev White are my greatest source of inspiration.
I had kind of started to assume that everybody who liked Kev Whites style liked Bob Olleys as welll  :icon_scratch:
Obviously I was wrong.
Those scrunts are luverly.

They are great characterful sculpts, so are the Grymm. But direct fantasy races in Sci fi doesn't really appeal to me much.

A big plus for Bob olley sculpts is he doesn't do loads of fantasy Dwarf sybmols all over them.

cheddarmonger

Those are great!  Must get scrunts sometime...
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Bodhi

What I really like about the scrunts is the 1950:s SF look in the costumes. That's what appeals to me more than the fact that they happen to be dwarves.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

gi6ers

Excellent! Got some scrunties half finished somewhere...

Bruenor Odinson

Quote from: Bodhi on April 28, 2007, 01:47:57 PM
What I really like about the scrunts is the 1950:s SF look in the costumes. That's what appeals to me more than the fact that they happen to be dwarves.
Yeah, I love the retro look to them too.
He's got all kinds of great things planned for them.

Keeper

These scrunts are really nice - I like the balance of blue and silver with the small items of brown.

I really would like to get some scrunts, but I guess it'll have to wait until at least next month ... I already bought something else from CH this month :D  I've just got to wait for it to get here ...  :shrug:
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

Nice paint jobs. Keeper40K those figures will go out in the mail Monday.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Keeper

Quote from: Custom_Hobby on April 28, 2007, 07:37:15 PM
Nice paint jobs. Keeper40K those figures will go out in the mail Monday.

Sorry, CH.  Wasn't hastling.  Just getting excited  :blob7:
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

No need to be sorry. I just figured I would let you know.

I like the colors Bruenor chose.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bruenor Odinson

Thanks.

The different coloured badges on the helmets denote what squad they are in, i.e. red squad, and blue.
The Scrunties are flight crew, so have jumpsuits and flak jackets.