Custom Hobby Forum

• September 24, 2022, 02:10:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Confrontation, why is it so rubbish?  (Read 11986 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Re: Confrontation, why is it so rubbish?
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2007, 10:43:39 AM »

The Khador Man-O-Wars (I think thats the right name) are some of the coolest models Ive seen in a while.

Okay I really can't agree with you there (especialy the way that it's biologicaly impossible for their arms and legs to be in those arms and legs. Maybe if they curled up into a ball and puleld a load of levers, but for them to fit inside that they'd need to have np armpits and disjointed hips. Same problem as space marines really.

Anyway, I've been meaning to start a WarHordes thread for a while now (I've got about 1000-1500 points of Khadorans, 800-900 points of mercenaries and 960 points of Circle). The great thing about WarHordes is that the gameplay flows really smoothly.

steeldragon

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
    • Steeldragon Minis
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2007, 09:22:24 AM »

I believe I saw a NQ where they showed how the guys fit on a Man-O-War armour...

Andres

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2007, 10:59:11 AM »

Yeah but the proportions and the joints still didn't line up very well :p. Anyway tomorrow I get to play the despised french game again (not bashing the french here, just their game). At least I won't be playing aainst the powergamer minmaxing "doubles autokill" kid with his suspiciously good dice rolls (I don't think he uses loaded dice but I suspect he rolls crooked dice, I've come up against it once or twice before) so I might be in with an almost fair chance if the game didn't have so many incredibly huge balance issues. I'll see how it goes 'though.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2007, 11:09:13 AM »

Game bashing is always ok since it is the rules that suck

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »

Game bashing is always ok since it is the rules that suck

Oh no the rules are fine. It's the way they've statted up all the creatures the game is played with which are so badly imbalanced :p.

I really will start that WarHordes thread soon (technicaly two different games but since there's only one rule that's different between them, and that's that you reverse the magic system, they basicaly count as one game).

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2007, 09:21:28 PM »

Well I played the french game last week: what a waste of time. I played it again this week and managed to enjoy it for the second time ever. The result of the game didn't matter (in fact I think I managed to equalise it to a draw on the last turn). What mattered was that we both actualy enjoyed ourselves more than we usualy do. It's an improvement but not much of one (considering the way the game actualy played out and the fact my opponent was fielding a 160 point character in a 500 point army who simply overpowered anything I could field exept the misscast I haven't got a replacement for yet! - Considering that I should be pretty depressed but we actualy enjoyed it).

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2007, 05:54:22 PM »

Well I played the french game today and it was sort of fun this time round (so the third time I've had a fun experience with it. And by fun I don't mean winning, I mean not just sitting there watching someone spending three hours trying to finish off my crippled but rediculously tough force).

I used two new units (cheapo engineer type guys with steam weapons). The fact that their armour value was only 4 or 5 and their strength was 7, 8-13, 14 or 16-20 really did seem very unbalanced and they should've died a lot quicker than they did. Their really low atatck and defnce values should've made the outcome very different but we both roleld an awful lot of 1's and 6's that game. And my opponent rolled a great many more 1's than I did (often on his attack rolls). He roleld about the same ammount of 6's 'though but he simply couldn't hurt the rock hard troops I had (rock hard compared to his, that is).

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2007, 05:31:24 PM »

I played the french game again tonight.

I even powergamed my army bigtime and abused every rule I could because that's how my oponent always plays. What a waste of time.

It was so appalling that I even threw stuff on the floor and stamped on it for the first time since Necromunda was new. The game is simply unplayable due to obscene balance issues and bad design implimentation. Fortunately some of the guys are ready to start playing Hodres again so I'll actualy be able to play a game that both/all players can enjoy instead of something that immediately becomes one sided by the end of turn two and is just an exercise in frustration for massochists.

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2007, 06:06:57 PM »

sounds like you had fun  :icon_wink:  i just paint the models and that is massochistic enough for me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5   Go Up