News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Monolith Salute specials

Started by Bungle, April 17, 2007, 03:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Shown here first...  :icon_w00t:

Some of you might remember this piece from Foundry's front page a few years ago. Bryan Ansell thought it uncastable - but the boffins at MDC have done thiis beautiful piece justice!

Sculpted by Kev Adams - originally a lighter which Kev decorated in his spare time -  putting detail on and it was no longer able to carry on its original function, but we decided to try to get it cast as a decorative piece anyway MDC cast it in Resin. Limited edition 100 to be produced  - only 20 of which will be for sale at Salute..so get 'em early

front


rear


Cost is £25 - the reason for the low production run is that it is incredibly harsh on the mould


also available - another Kev piece - the Reptile again cast by MDC - the rider is metal 28mm scale



he's limited to 500 £25 each

If you are not at Salute how can you order?

Send an email via the Monolith website - I don't think the 'Lighter' will make it up onto the website before they sell out!

gi6ers

the top thing is cool, erm....what is it?

Bungle

#2
it was a lighter once...LOL

side views



Custom_Hobby

Very nice stuff there. Thanks for posting it here first. I want one of each.

Was it a zippo?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bungle

Quote from: Custom_Hobby on April 17, 2007, 04:11:07 PM
Very nice stuff there. Thanks for posting it here first. I want one of each.

Was it a zippo?

yep..... it is now a solid decorative piece.


http://www.monolithdesigns.co.uk/orderfor.htm to order


cheddarmonger

Hoooo boy.
Monolith Designs is anathema on the Collecting Citidel Miniatures list; they offered some LE miniatures, took lots of cash, and never delivered, went AWOL.  I'm lucky to have got my Goblin Court and Goblin Collector, but whatever happened to the elf collector or the orc hero?? 
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Bungle

Really?

I have always had good experiences.

My few mail orders have taken a week or so... but that was because he had to wait to get more casts in, I got everything.. and extras as an appology for the delay.

Steve has always been good at shows.

cheddarmonger

Hmm!!  So, I'd be up for an Elf Collector, if anyone's going to shop at his booth, and I'm sure Wristy would want the goblin king's court
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Custom_Hobby

Dave which were the CCM mini's that he made and do you have pictures of all of them? If there are any left I would like to get one of each. Wasn't there talk of a dwarven snith or something.?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Custom_Hobby

Would any of the guys going to Salute please pick up two of the lighter and one of the other for me.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Baldemyr

Oh......  I never thought of that.  If anyone was to buy a spare Tyriel (the new one from Hasslefree)...i would certainly pay for it.  :icon_suspicious:

Inso

While at Salute, I bought a large (40mm) Hell boy mini and I don't know where I bought it from.  I think it was from Monolith but the Hellboy stuff isn't on their website (that I can see).

I am quite keen to get a few more of the minis but I don't know where to get them.  The big question is, were they a Monlith Salute special of some sort?
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/

gi6ers

No they are just a well kept secret for some unknown reason, you can get more if you email the monoloth guys., I didn't really get a chance to speak to the sculptor blokey this year...but bought some 28mm scale chaos stuff from the stand. Hellboy is a cool sculpt, there is one in my CMON gallery.

Bungle

Quote from: gi6ers on April 26, 2007, 04:22:22 PM
No they are just a well kept secret for some unknown reason, you can get more if you email the monoloth guys., I didn't really get a chance to speak to the sculptor blokey this year...but bought some 28mm scale chaos stuff from the stand. Hellboy is a cool sculpt, there is one in my CMON gallery.

They are still on pre release...  :icon_scratch:

The plan is for around 75 (!!!) figures in the range in the end and they want to build up the range enough to do a big release ... something to do with doing it with Dark Horse and Mignolas approval

Inso

Hey Matt, I bet you told me that at Salute and I don't remember ( :icon_eek:)...I think I got confused because the minis weren't on the site...this lack of sleep thing is really starting to pee me off (I can't remember stuff that I really should be able to  :icon_evil:).

I will be e-mailing Monolith soon (to see if there is a list with pix that they can send me).

Thanks for the info  :icon_razz:.
Another Day Older; Another Day Closer To Death.

To while away a few moments, have a look at this:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/