News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

DarkSword Miniatures 5th Anniversary Special Deal

Started by Custom_Hobby, April 09, 2007, 12:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom_Hobby

For those who do not subscribe to the newsletter:

Quote from: Jim Ludwig of DarkSword MiniaturesHello fellow miniatures enthusiasts -

This is a big week as we have four new miniatures in our online store and we will be posting four new greens from Gael Goumon later in the week.

2007 also marks the 5th Anniversary of Dark Sword Miniatures.

I will be posting the original Larry Elmore artwork for our 5th Anniversary miniature later this week as well. You will get a good laugh out of the supporting cast for this artwork. Tom Meier will be sculpting our 5th anniversary miniature up soon.

But in the meantime, I wanted to do something really cool for our 5th anniversary and the release of the following four miniatures:

1. 2007 Elmore Pirate Lass V1
2. 2007 Elmore Pirate Lass V2
3. 2006 Caldwell Pirate Lass
4. Elmore Hawkman

Here is the scoop - I have never done a special offer for Dark Sword beyond the occasional pre-release type offer. But seeing as this is our 5th year making miniatures, I wanted to put together something really cool for you.

So for a very limited time - I have pulled together the following items into one bundle:

1. The four new miniatures above (They sell for $36.00)
2. Our other 11 special edition miniatures (they sell for $100.00)
3. A 48 page Larry Elmore hardcover art book / story book (sells for $20.00)
4. A 90 card set of Elmore artwork (sells for $15.00)

All of this retails for $171.00 on its own.

To give you all one heck of a deal, you can get this entire bundle for only $65.00 via our Online Store. You save over $100.00 on this bundle.

So you get all 15 of our special edition miniatures, an Elmore art book and a 90 card Elmore art work set all for $65.00 plus our normal shipping charge.

Essentially, how I came to this number is I wanted to give you all a chance to pick up the entire special edition miniature set for 50% off. On their own, the miniatures sell for $136.00. Larry Elmore then told me he wanted to give you all something to help cross-promote his products and his artwork. So the art book and the card set are being thrown in for free.

Of all my time collecting miniatures, I have never seen an offer as rich as this. Granted, you will see the occasional company liquidating old lines and such for around 30-40% off, but offering a deal like this on outstanding miniatures such as our special editions with new releases included is unheard of.

Check out our Web site to learn more about this special offer and see pictures of the art book and the card set. You will also be able to see every special edition miniature in this limited time offer.

So, if for some reason you have been holding off on picking up our special edition miniatures, or you want to get a 2nd set of them for your collection and for variant paintjobs, now is the time to take advantage of this offer to keep your Dark Sword collections current. Or if you are like me, it is good to have multiple copies of the miniatures you really dig.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

This is one HELL of a deal. I took advantage of it already.

I had posted a question asking jim how long the offer would last:

Quote from: Jim ludwig of DarkSword Miniatures taken from his post on FrothersIt is really hard to say as Larry only sent me a limited amount of books and card sets.

I originally thought this might run 3-4 weeks, but after the initial surge of orders this morning from our email list members, It might run around 2 weeks or so if things keep up once people get home from work and such tonight.

I would hope people that really wanted to take advantage of this offer would move quickly so they are not disappointed when it gets pulled after we run out of certain products included in the special offer.

I see that you were quick to get in on the fun and got a full set for yourself. So you are all taken care of.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com

This is the link to where you can get more information and order the special deal: http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/gallery/Specialofferpage.htm
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Balgin Stondraeg

#1
Oh wow, I need to spend money really soon :).

I think I'll have to order a few more of the dreaded pirate girl so that I can do Rel's convertion (long story) and make the new upcoming Circle Warlock look considerably less crud* :).

Update: That offer was too good to miss out on so I snapped it up pretty quickly. So.... now that I'm going to have a second (spare ) copy of the art book (I bought a copy a year or two ago) would anyone like a copy? :)

Custom_Hobby

I actually could use a second copy (I know the perfect person to give it to). If no one else wants it just let me know in the Kess thread. I am glad you jumped in and took advantage of the deal. I have no idea how long it will be offered. I ordered it as soon as I recieved the newsletter (even before I posted it here).
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

gi6ers

Don't like enough of those to make it worthwhile but very good deal if you are into their stuff.

navarr

#4
Great deal.  I ordered :icon_saber:

thanks for the heads up!!!

NICK

:icon_saber:


Edit: had to fix the smileys

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Jim Ludwig of DarkSword MiniaturesHello fellow miniature enthusiasts -

First off - we have good news for those of you who were not able to snap up one of our 5th Anniversary Special Bundles. Larry Elmore was able to come through with more card sets and books. So - we have 30 more bundles ready for shipping out. I expect them to be gone pretty quickly once again (the first batch of many more was gone within 10 days). It is about the best deal you will ever find for some of our most fantastic miniatures. And for the record - this is it. No more will be made available as this deal is just so sweet, it cannot run forever.

Secondly, we have four new Gael Goumon greens posted up on our Web site. Be sure to check out our Sneak Peeks section to check out the dwarf fighter we could not fit on our homepage.

We have a number of cool things to post up in the next couple weeks:

1. The first Marike painted piece for Elmore Masterworks Set # 9. I am pretty sure that Matt Verzani will be handling the rest of the set, but we were able to slot Marike in for a guest painting spot.

2. The Elmore Dragons Set # 5 beastie painted by the master of dragon painting - Susan Wachowski. It is simply stunning...

3. Four Gael Goumon painted miniatures by the very talented Mr. Matt Verzani.

4. The sixth and final piece from Elmore Masterworks Set # 9 - sculpted by Mr. Jeff Grace. A very cool female elven archer.

5. More painted miniatures from across the world posted up throughout our Web site.

6. Gen Con Indy painting competition information. We are giving away even more $$$ and prizes this year folks. So get painting now before it is too late!

Other info -

1. Watching Rescue Me Season 2 and digging it. A little rough around the edges in some areas, but entertaining.

2. Waiting for Deadwood Season 3 to come out on DVD. Also cannot wait for Rome Season 2 on DVD.

3. Very excited for the new Harry Potter movie this summer.

4. Watched the new 15 minute Spinal Tap short film online for their reunion concert this summer in England. I could watch them talk all day long. Just too dang funny...Nigel is the best with his horses that are too small for jockeys to ride.

5. Excited to see everyone at Gen Con Indy this year. It is such a fun time where you blink and then you are driving home after 5 days of nonstop gaming/miniature action.

Anyhow, enough of my yapping. Check out the Dark Sword site, make sure your collections are current and keep painting! Also, be sure to get outside and enjoy the sights and sounds of spring.

Cheers,

Jim
www.DarkSwordMiniatures.com
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Baldemyr

I spoke with one of the guys who runs the company at GenCon last year-he seemed a real class act and the minis are awesome in person (I bought every box with girlies from Parkinson, Elmore and Caldwell)



cheddarmonger

Impulse control is totally overrated.  I went for it.

I guess I'll have extra ploogaks and hawkman to trade off at some point.  But the pirate lasses will go nicely with my dragonspine 2 set and the BS pirates I'm planning to get.
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Fabian

Um... well I like Hawkman... I'll put in an early note of interest if you trade him in the future...   :icon_mrgreen:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


gi6ers

I've got some BS pirates, they're all yours mate. Dunno what I was thinking!

cheddarmonger

Maybe a Hawkman paintoff with me, Gi6ers and Fabian?  Oh wait, that was supposed to be a surprise!  :cm
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

gi6ers


Fabian

The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Baldemyr on April 30, 2007, 08:21:42 AM
I spoke with one of the guys who runs the company at GenCon last year-he seemed a real class act and the minis are awesome in person (I bought every box with girlies from Parkinson, Elmore and Caldwell)

Jim is a great guys and it is a pleasure to keep all of my friends here on the forum updated on his products. We all know I have the dragons and a number of their sets. I am looking forward to seeing where they go next.

The Hawkman paintoff sounds great. I would love to see it here on the forum.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Balgin Stondraeg

#14
Well mine arrived today and, would anyone like the book?

Seriously, it's a lovely book but I bought myself a copy a few years ago from a shop so now I have a spare.

So is anyone interested?

There's a few DS boxes and mini's that I don't have. That's because I was putting off ordering the latest few boxes 'till certain mini's got released and, when they got released as part of this special deal, I couldn't afford to buy the boxes as well ('cause the deal was a good one).