News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

Lost Son

Started by Custom_Hobby, April 04, 2007, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom_Hobby

The Lost Son is a limited edition 30mm highly detailed model cast in white metal with a resin scenic base. The model was limited to 200 castings worldwide. It retailed for $50 US.

The miniature comes boxed, unpainted & unassembled (as in the 2nd pic), and is 43mm tall.  The metal parts are the full body, left leg, left shoulderpad, power mace, and power claw. The figure also comes with a resin scenic base (as in the 1st & last pics).

















If anyone is interested in this miniature I still have a few and will sell it for its original retail price of $50 US including free shipping for any member of the forum. Just PM me and I will send you an invoice.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Baldemyr

#1
Ok.  As already stated.  I WILL take em.  All of em.  STICK IT TO THE MAN

Bodhi

I really can't stand this "heaploads of detailing but not a very good sculpt in basic shape" thingy. It's horrible, horrible.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Baldemyr

Meh. I love it-although Ill be sculpting in something to help protect the hip joints (something GW only recently added)

Custom_Hobby

Quote from: Baldemyr on April 12, 2007, 12:01:44 PM
Meh. I love it-although Ill be sculpting in something to help protect the hip joints (something GW only recently added)

That will be interesting to see. That and you have a good eye for color so I really am looking forward to it. As far as the sculpt for what it is I like it. It did stay true to the image.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Baldemyr

Absolutely.  Its very true to the image.

cheddarmonger

Any chance we can see this guy against a normal space marine, to compare sizes?
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Custom_Hobby

I will work on getting a pic up as soon as I can.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bodhi

Just wanted to clarify: It's a great sculpt. It's this overburdened fiddly STYLE that bugs me. Not the sculpting as such. I blame GW for having invented it and confrontation for having taken it to absurd heights.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Custom_Hobby

:yeahthat: I agree with your comments on all the fiddly detail that GW and Confrontation have been putting into their miniatures. It is mind boggling some of the time and annoying a lot of the rest. :icon_ermm: I do find that more often than not I enjoy sculpts by Kevin White and Andy foster, who both manage to put in just the correct amount of detail that the figure needs while not overpowering the sculpt. That is just my :twocents:

With regard to the Lost Son figure I have been told that this was the sculptors second attempt at a figure and am very impressed with the novices results. :occasion14:

Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Agentmolar

Sorry to be ignorant, especially since i think you already posted this. But who scultped these, and how did you get your hands on so many?

Excellent work for an amateur sculpt. But im not crazy about them for some reason. However sometimes i have to see them in the flesh to appreciate a mini at times.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Custom_Hobby

I have been the same way (needing to see a miniature some of the time to appreciate it). The miniatures were put out by a small company called Top Miniatures. A friend of mine introduced me to them and I ordered one of each for myself to check them out. When I got the figures I was impressed with the level of detail and the quality of the castings. I then ordered a few of each to sell. As an example I only have three of the Lord miniature left.

I need to get the name of the sculptor again. I want to follow his progress.

Being that you will be in NY later this month I will be able to show you the figure.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com