Custom Hobby Forum

• August 21, 2017, 04:24:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: Part 16: Into the lands of shade  (Read 3083 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Part 16: Into the lands of shade
« on: December 06, 2009, 12:16:31 PM »

When the group wakes they do not know how long they have slept, yet each senses it cannot have been long. Wynsar points and in the distance a coastline begins to form in the dim light. As the boat approaches the coastline becomes more clear. Vast cliffs rise up from the beach, dotted with beautiful trees and shrubs. Wynsar adjusts the tiller and the boat turns to run paralel to the coast, seeking a familiar landing spot she knows all too well.

As Aurum and Rogan cast their eyes over the cliffs they observe how steep they are, and free from handholds. In fact, they lack anything for the plants to cling on to. There are no plants on the cliffs. It was just a trick of the light. But what light? There is no light here, just that faint ever present glow. And here it seems more faint than before for overhead roll dark ash clouds and the sky beyond the cliffs has a nasty red tinge to it. In the distance they can hear thunder rumbling.

Rogan's will save 22, Aurum's 24. Only Kiaphas managed to get double figures with a 10. everyone else was in the 6-8 range against the potent illussion that masks the nature of the Shadowlands.

I'll give you guys an opportunity to inform the others of this before moving the action on.

Map of the beach soon incoming.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 12:19:35 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
Re: Part 16: Into the lands of shade
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 02:39:35 PM »

Rogan shudders as he looks upon the Shadowlands.

"Surely this place is accursed; for such a barren place to be so saturated by magic that it appeads beautiful is against the very laws of nature," je says grimly.  "Let us pray that we need spend as little time here as possible, and for protection while we do so."

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 05:19:12 PM »

Right Al says hopping over the side and heading towards the shore. after Wynsar finds her landing spot .  :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 05:24:43 AM by Hawkins »
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:38:24 AM »

"Well, I don't see how we get though that.  Maybe if we look a little closer we'll see something." Raul will wait for Wynsar to find her landing spot before hopping over the side!
:hal: