Custom Hobby Forum

• August 10, 2022, 11:42:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Plastic Sci-fi minis?  (Read 4499 times)

Killshot

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
Plastic Sci-fi minis?
« on: March 08, 2009, 05:10:39 PM »

There were some plastic miniatures that pretty much mono-pose and they have trench coats and gas masks.  Anyone know/remember the manufacturer?  Can't be much more specific than that.

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
Re: Plastic Sci-fi minis?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 07:01:20 PM »

That will be the stuff from Prince August Warzone trenchers....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warzone-Mutant-Chronicles-80-plastic-soldiers-wargames_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ350165110077

the plastic figures contain bauhaus and trenchers, which should be in the long coats
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:21:57 PM by Bungle »

Killshot

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 07:31:58 PM »

That's them, thanks!   :tip-hat:

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 08:20:56 AM »

ummmm need some of these.... go great with the steel leigon i already have....
I'll be in my bunk.

steeldragon

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
    • Steeldragon Minis
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:17:43 PM »

There are no trench coats nor trenchers in that sets... just letting you know ;)

Andres

Killshot

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 07:40:54 AM »

One of the groups look like they have longer coats and gas masks, that is pretty much what I am looking for.  I figure this set would be good to get my 9 year old son into some wargaming.  He can use on set and I will use the other.  We are probably going to use a variant of the LotR rules.  I have some ideas in mind on how to adapt it for sci-fi use.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 09:11:07 AM »

There are no trench coats nor trenchers in that sets... just letting you know ;)

Andres

do you have these models Andres? if so would you say they would make a cheeper  alternative to imperial gaurd?  and are roughly the same scale?

im looking for alternatives for my imperials with 2 things in perticular, one being gas mask type filters and face coverings, the other being a long or longish coat.
I'll be in my bunk.

steeldragon

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
    • Steeldragon Minis
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 09:30:43 AM »

I do have only the Imperial Regulars (the ones with the english helmet, not the prussian one).

They are about the same scale but they look better proportionated (strange thing coming from Warzone). I guess my main problem for IG proxies will be the heavy and special weapons. There are 10 models in each squad and three different poses (if I recall correct), Leader, Heavy weapon carrier (with the closest thing to a portable 40K assault cannon), and trooper. In the Prince august offer there are 40 Imperial Regulars and 40 Ducal Militia. The plastic is not like the GW ones so it might be more difficcult to work with and there are not any additional metal models of this kind, as far as I know.

The heads are separate, so if they are cheap enough might provide with conversion material. There are not any trenchcoats, and the metal trenchers that fit your description are a little scarce now...

Andres

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 05:51:09 AM »

thats great, i have quite a few extra HW squads that would fit the bill. and specials might be a problem, but there is always something you can iprovise with green stuff. thanks for the tip.
I'll be in my bunk.

Killshot

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »

The plastic is not like the GW ones so it might be more difficcult to work with and there are not any additional metal models of this kind, as far as I know.

Do you mean to say the plastic is different from the hard plastic that GW uses or that they are just different sizes so they won't work well together?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 06:49:45 AM »

I've got a few, too.  The plastic is a little harder than the plastic GW uses, but it isn't impossible to work with.

The sizes of the figures themselves is exaggerated, but no more so that GW ones, IMO.  I think they work together pretty well.
:hal:   

Killshot

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »

Do you have to do anything special to them before hitting them with spray paint?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 10:55:15 AM »

I didn't and they were fine.  But I did notice they seemed a little greasier than other plastics.  Easily fixed by washing them in warm soapy water first and letting them dry properly before undercoating, if you're worried.
:hal:   

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 12:52:32 AM »

also good to know
I'll be in my bunk.

Killshot

• Contributors
  • Dragon Egg
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 07:14:06 PM »

It is good to know since I paid for some of the minis through the ebay link above!