Custom Hobby Forum

• September 29, 2020, 10:01:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Oi Snuurg!  (Read 5260 times)

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
Oi Snuurg!
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:54:48 PM »

Where's the deep ones? 

Nice work for otherworld by the way, I bought a set of trogs  :icon_cool:

snuurg

• Global Moderator
  • Wyrmling
    • snuurg.com
Re: Oi Snuurg!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:21:02 AM »

- heh, glad you liked 'em, ta :) Deep ones are more or less at the front of the queue now, just doing the finishing touches to some diddy dogs that have been causing me a royal pain, and then it'll be fishfolk all the way, there's only really two of 'em left to finish now, (excepting the big 'un that'll be along a bit later (possibly with a couple of other big buddies for company, dunno yet)) so I'm hoping that the few days off over crimbo will see them through to the finish - finally! I have actually been doing little bits here and there for the last couple of weeks, mainly in chopping 'em up to make separate sprue-bits where I've needed to take off arms/legs/etc. for easier casting; after that it's just a matter of digging up the casting-costs from somewhere - even though this has been the least spendy christmas ever, I still seem to be just beyond the edge of skint, hohum. Meanwhile, trying to get back on board with the bigger projects too...
...I am the thing that darkness fears...

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:17:40 AM »

(excepting the big 'un that'll be along a bit later (possibly with a couple of other big buddies for company, dunno yet))

How about Dagon? Isn't he the old one that is most venerated by the fishy folk? I think the "real" Dagon was a Hettite kind of Poseidon wasn't he?
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 03:58:07 AM »

snuurg

• Global Moderator
  • Wyrmling
    • snuurg.com
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 04:47:54 AM »

How about Dagon?

- heh, wasn't thinking quite that big :) I meant the big one of the bunch, this guy:

...he's taking a bit longer to fathom out, so I think I'll stay busiest getting the others finished first and then do this guy a bit further down the road (not least 'cause the others will pretty much take up one mould all to themselves) and then maybe have a sharky-flavoured biggun or two* to keep the last one company.

*probably just one though.

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 08:07:29 AM »

I wants me fish men!! Also how's the dragon going?
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

snuurg

• Global Moderator
  • Wyrmling
    • snuurg.com
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »

...how's the dragon going?

- actually, did a bit on the dragon just yesterday, mainly to get meself back into the mindset of working on it (etc.) again - and as usual was almost overcome by the terrible urge to scrud* large parts of it that I know I could do a better job of now, but ultimately I think I'm just gonna soldier on with it, get it cast and sell a few, and then make a better one down the line somewhen.

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »

as usual was almost overcome by the terrible urge to scrud* large parts of it that I know I could do a better job of now

Good to hear that others get that one to  :icon_wink: I think really - for me at least - either a figure is done QUICK or it more or less NEVER gets done. There's just no going back to fixing old sculpts.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 07:32:20 AM »

da fishies rock, as does the t-rex, dragon.... and well all of it:)
I'll be in my bunk.

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 06:03:15 AM »

*nudge-nudgey-nudgity-nudge*
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »

:yeahthat:

Really excited about seeing the range get out there, the castings were amazing, multi part was well planned out.  Even the packaging was spot on.

Latest I heard was that things are afoot   :icon_suspicious:

:icon_cool:

geronimo

• Global Moderator
  • Young Dragon
    • Fenris Games
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »

Things are indeed afoot. Just need to find spare time to sort them out - it's in very short supply at the moment :/
Fenris Games
Too many ideas....way too little time...

snuurg

• Global Moderator
  • Wyrmling
    • snuurg.com
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 01:02:57 AM »

- like the chief said, but getting there - progress not helped much by having wrecked my hands for a couple of weeks after having to hand-sand a giant bunny rabbit, and making meself incapable of doing anything even vaguely delicate 'cause my fingertips were all raw and stinging - but things are more or less back to 'normal' now, and been getting back into the habit over the last few days; thinking this weekend might see the fishfolk finally finished, so we'll see how it goes today.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 06:06:30 PM »

Any updates on the dragon?

snuurg

• Global Moderator
  • Wyrmling
    • snuurg.com
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 02:12:29 AM »

Any updates on the dragon?

:icon_wink: - a bit more done, just about worth a new photo so I'll get to that soon, then in the meanwhile - or perhaps the afterwhile, dunno - I'm gonna start trying to get on with it a bit more using the original plan of doing a bit at the weekends wherever possible, and maybe the occasional bit otherwise; spend long enough not doing something and you kinda lose the wannado, though if you carry on not doing it after that, it seems the urge comes round again, so. Probably helps that I couldn't actually do anything delicate for several weeks, now that I can I wanna get on with things...