Custom Hobby Forum

• August 21, 2017, 04:29:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Why oh why can't I post or reply to the cool topics?  (Read 3404 times)

cheddarmonger

• I Smell of Cheese
  • Administrator
  • Mature Adult dragon
  • It looked like a mouse hole to me?
    • Cheddarmongers
Why oh why can't I post or reply to the cool topics?
« on: November 18, 2008, 11:41:25 AM »

The Infinite Monkey Theorem comes to mind.  The Custom Hobby Forum has hit the big time, and with it comes the teaming swarms of malicious monkeys with nothing better to do than to pollute our fine community with senseless spam about unreleated garbage.

Mind you, the sensable spam related to our content is acceptable and welcome, but we don't want to read about unrelated offensive crud here.

We have placed measures to ensure that all new members are in fact people, and that posts are done manually and deliberately and not by scripts or bots, but it seems that there are still plenty of folks out there who have enough time and passion to dump their useless baggage here.

So, in order to welcome new members, we have created a Welcome Board here:  http://www.customhobbyforum.com/index.php?board=63.0  New members will have a probationary period until we are sure that they are indeed a member of our community and should be able to post and reply in the main areas of the forum.

Feel free to PM any of the administrators or moderators if you are not able to post in the main areas of the forum and you wish to be able to contribute.

Thanks for your understanding, and post happy!  :cm

Cheers,
 -- The Custom Hobby Team
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!