Custom Hobby Forum

• November 30, 2021, 10:23:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: Noblin WIP - Not as rude as it sounds  (Read 1504 times)

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
Noblin WIP - Not as rude as it sounds
« on: July 26, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »

Spent much of the day chopping, filing, sanding and gluing the minis for my Forum of Doom - Diorama of Doom competition entry. In the end I got so aggravated with accidentally chopping, filing sanding and gluing bits of me that I gave up at the stage of having cleaned them all up and put one together. To calm down I got out my brushes and paint something totally unrelated. So I had a stab at my first and favourite Spyglass figure, Hurk the Noblin:

The skin's 99% finished, I'll have to go back to it to neaten up splatters of other colours that keep getting on it and possibly another highlight. It is highlighted higher than it looks in the photo, my photos always flatten reds something chronic. His coat has had a layer of GW black wash added over MP Blue Grey but that's all so far.
Any comments? Something I should do? Not sure what to do with the shield yet.
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Noblin WIP - Not as rude as it sounds
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »

The skin looks very good. I like that you went with red on him.

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:01:20 AM »

Coat almost looks french Blue from WW1, or Russian Grey from Crimea. Nice choice.

Skin... red always makes me think of demons.... demonic foot troop cannon fodder  :icon_wink:

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 06:08:19 AM »

This is a fun fugure to paint, not over the top with details and more ways to paint than you think.

If you had done a proof picture you could have entered him in the single figure part.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 08:16:00 AM »

Got a single figure entry on the go already  :icon_twisted:
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx