Custom Hobby Forum

• January 23, 2021, 03:27:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Heads fall off all the time. Right?  (Read 2170 times)

dargrin

• Juvenile Dragon
    • www.darkgrinminiatures.com
Heads fall off all the time. Right?
« on: July 17, 2008, 08:49:47 AM »

Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
Re: Heads fall off all the time. Right?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »

:Doh!: you know sometimes i wish police had a larger vocabulary and explained things to us in a manner that a 3 yearlod could understand.
I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:39:25 AM »

I almost feel ashamed to live in the old Saxon earldom of Hamptonshire (now know as Hampshire but the HampTon does at least explain why it abbreviates to Hants in addresses).

Our local town councils are greedy scum and the police are suspicious of anyone they think they can pin something on (but they do seem to at least do their job as well). I wouldn't be surprised if one of the developers made a phone call to some dodgey fellows shortly before this untimely death occurred.

dargrin

• Juvenile Dragon
    • www.darkgrinminiatures.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:01:05 PM »

Someone here suggested was a mob hit.  Enough and that was that.  I dought it though.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 12:04:44 PM »

Someone here suggested was a mob hit.  Enough and that was that.  I dought it though.

Mob? We don't have the maffia here in england. It's more like ex IRA, eastern european criminal groups and lots of smaller regional groups. They don't hav that whole maffia cooperation on a national scale thing going on. But the small groups are all close and work well together (and get on with their neighbours if they have to).

As I said, I wouldn't be surprised if the people who were going to knock the flats down and rebuild them had something to do with it. I've even seen one person put up the planning permission notice the day after they started building so that if anyone wasked to see the plans, objected or complained, they'd have already started it and would be less likely to be told to stop. That was once in the last 24 years 'though so it's not that bad (but I might've missed a few).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:12:23 PM »

At least we know it wasn't Balgin.  If it had been, he'd have used an ax of some kind :icon_wink:
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 12:34:05 PM »

At least we know it wasn't Balgin.  If it had been, he'd have used an axe of some kind :icon_wink:

Not neccessarily. I have other impliments at my disposal.

But what's my motivation folks? Seriously, I wouldn't kill anyone I didn't know well enough to want them dead (and even then it's taking their life away from them which seems like such a waste of opportunity if you could maim them for life or keep them alive and torture them every day).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 04:17:35 AM »

At least we know it wasn't Balgin.  If it had been, he'd have used an axe of some kind :icon_wink:

Not neccessarily. I have other impliments at my disposal.

But what's my motivation folks? Seriously, I wouldn't kill anyone I didn't know well enough to want them dead (and even then it's taking their life away from them which seems like such a waste of opportunity if you could maim them for life or keep them alive and torture them every day).

Nah, you've no need to do that.  You're GMing several RPGs on here - isn't that just like torturing us?  Since you're already sated in that department, I contend you have no motivation to do either :D
:hal:   

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 04:26:44 AM »

Mob? We don't have the maffia here in england.

errr......yes we do!  there is a big organised crime network all over the UK (mainly around london and the south east)

the eastern european mafia have been here for ages. it's all a case of knowing what to look for and when to look away  :icon_suspicious:

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 04:30:45 AM »

it's all a case of knowing what to look for and when to look away  :icon_suspicious:

Thats exactly what we do here in NY

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 05:29:17 AM »

you know i never thought to ask which part of new york your in. ive been there twice for visits and site seeing, stayed in yonkers both times.
I'll be in my bunk.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 05:34:27 AM »

NYC :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 08:19:54 PM »

Mob? We don't have the maffia here in england.

errr......yes we do!  there is a big organised crime network all over the UK (mainly around london and the south east)

the eastern european mafia have been here for ages. it's all a case of knowing what to look for and when to look away  :icon_suspicious:

By maffia I meant the Sicilian/Italian maffioso. Eastern european immitation maffia are a different criminal organisation. They also operate differently because itis not all about family loyalty and "respect" so much as power and doing things for them.

S1ND3X

• RPG Guild
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 07:34:34 AM »

i read this story more fully  few weeks ago, can't remember where, the guy was long term unemployed, suffered from depression and was facing homelessness
it was all very tragic, there was nothing to point to foul play, he'ld rigged up the chainsaw at the end of his table, taking a huge dose of sleeping pills, laid on the table and when he couldn't stay awake any longer his head fell onto the blade
a somewhat ingenious, if macabre, why of dispatching oneself and sending a message to unsympathetic housing developers
Seraphon Productions
Oils, Pencils and Putties, drop in and have a browse