Custom Hobby Forum

• July 04, 2022, 06:19:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: Loads of wippy's from me.........  (Read 2638 times)

Bruenor Odinson

• RPG Guild
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • Kiss My Axe!
Loads of wippy's from me.........
« on: February 18, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

Well I say loads, quite a few, these just need the bases doing to them.

C&C please?

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
Re: Loads of wippy's from me.........
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 02:31:59 PM »

C&C?

Top one looks like a SLA industries necro thingy.... are you planning on eyeballs? scarey eye makeup - nice effect

Clean, uncluttered perhaps some more highlights on the non armoured bits of the uniform...

Looks good

Dude with hammer.. nice wood grain,  nice freehand pattern on cloth. Cloth could do with more contrast in the folds, and brass breastplate could do with some highlighting.

Hobbit.... back of shield maybe wood, and the shield could be a bit "used". I like the folds of the cloth on the cloak.

Chaos dwarf the gold/brass could do with some shading/ or maybe an ink wash. Impressed otherwise. Like the blue shield pattern.

Overall a standard I would be very happy with for gaming... and getting there for the high standard that the good painters on here have.

alrith72

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 02:39:58 PM »

Great stuff, really like the top one.

Overall a standard I would be very happy with for gaming... and getting there for the high standard that the good painters on here have.

I'll be happy if i get to this "gaming" standard  :icon_wink:
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

gi6ers

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 02:43:18 PM »

I don't think the Hobbit or the Psyker are up to your usual standard but I love the cleric and the chaos dwarf. I'd agree with Bungle that the chaos fella could do with a little tarnishing.

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »

I'm with them, great stuff.  :thumbsup:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Bruenor Odinson

• RPG Guild
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • Kiss My Axe!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 03:02:07 PM »

Thanks
The CD was a yellow ink wash over normal shaded silvers, I have 4 more that will e done in tha same way but different colours.
The Cleric has had some highlighting on the brass but sadly the pics aren't some of my best, but I'll go back and add one more highlight to see if that helps.

The Psyker's eyes will stay as they are, wannted to get the using powers look, what with the hand on his head.

I don't think the sculpt on the Halfling helps, it's a real old mid eighties one, which was a bugger to paint.

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 03:32:54 PM »

I'll be happy if i get to this "gaming" standard  :icon_wink:

Thats why I said Very happy  :icon_wink: but its not "golden demon" standard if thats what bruenor was after. As it is its about the best I could do, on a very good day, on a figure I was really inspired. (those that can do.. those that can't criticise  :toothy5: )

The CD's metallics just look very uniform, I guess thats my criticism. Its this bleedin' NMM stuff that clouds my vision... it has just raised the bar, and i would love to see good NMM effects with metallics, lots of the NMM effects people do just look flat.

I like the psychers eyes and they look scarey.... I would like to see a tiny pupil too (how to give someone a real headache  :icon_thumright:) as if the iris had turned white and pinprick pupil eyes.

PS you did ask for criticism..... those are my only criticisms  :icon_thumright:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 03:59:59 PM by Bungle »

Bruenor Odinson

• RPG Guild
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • Kiss My Axe!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »

Yeah I did and am grateful for any criticisms, as they help me get better.
Like the eye'dea, (sorry), for the Psykers eyes.

This is the standard I like to paint my minis to game with, and to date have never thought my stuff was good enough to enter GD, but then you are always your own worst critic, right?

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 05:23:21 PM »

This is the standard I like to paint my minis to game with, and to date have never thought my stuff was good enough to enter GD, but then you are always your own worst critic, right?

If that is your normal gaming standard... you must have very pretty looking armies.

I like to paint my gaming figures (well all of my figures as I pretty much buy to game with only) as well as I can too. But some figures just get that extra bit of effort.

Bruenor Odinson

• RPG Guild
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • Kiss My Axe!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 03:23:01 AM »

I agree totally, although a lot of forces I've seen look good from a distance, i.e. across the table, Imust admit I like mine to look that good when you pick it up too, so I strive to get better and better each time.

I would guess that a lot of people wouldn't play with pieces painted like mine, due to damage worries, but I love to spend the extra time, especially for my roleplay characters, gives them a little more flair I feel.

The downside is for the RPG's I'm the only one who paints so I have to do all the heroes and monsters, so that can be a bind sometimes.

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 05:56:54 AM »

Think the top one could look absolutely brilliant when its based

love the middle fig, great the way the face is done.  He reminds me of the priest character in Mark of Chaos game.

Halfling looks very nice, I like the way u have done the shield but I dont think it suits the character, I am very fussy when it comes to shields.....

The bottom fella I am not too keen on, the colours used are not to my taste thats all.  Otherwise great work mate   :icon_razz:

Bruenor Odinson

• RPG Guild
  • Juvenile Dragon
  • Kiss My Axe!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2007, 02:11:58 AM »

Thanks.
Everyone seem to like the cleric, which is super fine with me coz I like him too.