Custom Hobby Forum

• November 22, 2017, 05:09:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: Adventures in the old world OOC thread  (Read 19309 times)

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
Re: Adventures in the old world OOC thread
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2008, 08:29:28 AM »

I'll be in my bunk.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2008, 08:44:33 AM »

sorry guys, Balgin this virus is a killer, im wanting to play a slayer, so lets see here.....

Are you really sure? I mean, I'm willing to let you play a trollslayer so long as you understand that it's a dead end carreer with no prospects. And when I say dead end I mean it ends when you die. Looking at those rolls I assume you'll want to maybe swap something round (and use Shalya's mercy on that 8 in toughness before swapping anything). Quite possibly the 17 in agility. As a trollslayer you'd want some toughness to compensate for not wearing armour.

43 and 22. That's jailer and outlaw. Wow, you couldn't get much more opposite rolls for carreer than that if you tried. I will allow trollsyare as well if you really really want to but it's a very limited carreer with rules like not backing down from a fight when the others need to retreat (unless the fight's not glorious enough to count...).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 08:50:15 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »

Hi

Mercenary is bit better fighter than Trollslayer - and it's easier to play. (And wealthier, too)!

As for the 8 in Toughness - you've just GOT to change that - or the Halfling will have a better toughness & be forever beating you up!      :icon_saber: :icon_w00t:

(Ouch - just visualising a viscious little Halfling beating the c%$p out the Dwarf. No wonder he's adventuring - he was laughed out of his Clan)! LOL

Cheer
Paul H

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2008, 12:58:24 PM »

I still recommend turning it into an 11 then swapping it with the 17 in agility.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 11:38:36 PM »

ok i'll take the advice for the swap, as for a character, i can always dye my hair orange later if i need too. i suppose mecenary will mean i last longer, and thats of intrest to the group so lets go that rout. still i want to keep the character a dwarf .

whats next Balgin?
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 07:19:41 AM »

I got a copy of the rules, so I agree, my Halfling would like to take Strike to Stun and Sharpshooter.  I'd also like his free advance to be in WP, please.

I think that is everything for now.
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 08:41:56 AM »

So are we all set?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 06:05:59 PM »

So are we all set?

Well Hawkins needs to choose a carreer. He's rolled outlaw and jailer. I'll jot down people's kit tonight & tomorrow and we should be ready to gon on wednesday or thursday (although waiting a while for Hawkins to recover would be great too). I'm out gaming tomorrow so there's not much chance of anything then but I'll have updated my other games before then.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:08:03 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 06:09:53 PM »

Ok sounds good. Keeper and I need to choose names.

Also I wanted Disarm, just thought I would let you know so you can mod my sheet. doublecheck and let me know if there is anything else I need to check.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2008, 11:41:41 PM »

So are we all set?

Well Hawkins needs to choose a carreer. He's rolled outlaw and jailer. I'll jot down people's kit tonight & tomorrow and we should be ready to gon on wednesday or thursday (although waiting a while for Hawkins to recover would be great too). I'm out gaming tomorrow so there's not much chance of anything then but I'll have updated my other games before then.

It looks like my convolesence is going to go the distance, been 2 weeks now and its just getting into its stride, on the good side of things its not getting in the way anymore, its just there (damn summer colds or what ever this decides to settle on being) The best thing i can do is allow Balgin to do what he likes with the character as he sees fit so if you wouldnt mind Balgin just finish off the character, and when thats done i'll do a quick background on him for your approval.
I'll be in my bunk.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2008, 01:25:48 AM »

Don't rush on my account. I was just asking. We can wait for you

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2008, 06:07:44 AM »

I've chosen to chose my Halfling's name myself - aided by a couple of online random halfling name generators.

So, I'd like to introduce you all to:  Yon "Orc Basher" Bilberry

You're not allowed to ask why he has the moniker "Orc Basher" :icon_wink:

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »

I remember my first WFRP hobbit was called Billy Twofoot. This was not a reference to his height but the fact that he had two feet. He was a peddlar who managed to get by. In his first session he was travelling through the woods (with his horse and cart) when he got attacked by a werewolf. He drove the cart away at speed but the wolf came after him, leaping up at the back of the cart! In desparation he grabbed his box of hatpins (of which some 10-15% were silver) and emptied it down the beast's throat! It yelped and squeeled and ran away.

Ever since I've had fond memories of a chubby little fellow desparately leaning over the back of a speeding cart desparately shaking out a box full of hatpins. That encounter was legendary.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 09:22:27 AM »

That reminds me of our Dwarven Land PuntTM.  We couldn't buy any horses, but we could find a card and some poles; we were on flat land; and we were all very strong and tough :icon_smile:

It might not have met any proper rules, but that wasn't the point! :icon_lol:

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 04:46:41 AM »

Hey guys.  I thought I'd better let you know that I'm on holiday all next week, so I'll not be online at all until a week on Monday.  Sorry about that.  I'll pick up as soon as I'm back!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up