News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Main Menu

Revamping me heroquest

Started by Squigface, June 13, 2008, 04:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squigface

'Tis time for nostalgia. What I'm doing is rebasing, and repainting my old heroquest minis, and will eventually build them a new, nice board and nicer terrain bits. This is intended as a fun thing to relax me inbetween painting the three armies I have going at the moment. First model to be redone is one of the zombies, first, original paintjob *ach me eyes*



Now, new, improved paintjob (also semi-test model for my VC zombies. Although they will be grimeyer)




The pictures aren't fantastic, and the grimey white hair didn't go quite as well as I might have wanted, but overall I'm very happy with how he turned out.

Hope you like,
Squig

Squigface

Did people look at the first pic and run away screaming? Anyway, tweaked the zombie a bit and painted a mummy. Rather pleased with both;




Squig

Bungle

 :scared: :flaminghead-runner: :zombie: :zombie2:

considering they are old and plastic, they don't look too shabby now


good job

Bodhi

I got confused... Since I actually liked the older paintjob on the zombie better. Rough, sure, but it captures the character of that mini. The new paintjob is much more skilled obviously but makes it look a bit to healthy in my eyes.
Mummy is great.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Fabian

 :clap2: Lovely. Proper old school plastics.  :tip-hat:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Caerban

I love the mummy but I have to say, although the newer version is much better painted I liked the older scheme better. It really looked like it had crawled out of its grave at the call of the forces of nasty ickiness. The new paintjob looks a bit too healthy, in fact he looks a bit like a dude I saw on the bus last week.
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Keeper

Great work, Squigface :icon_smile:

I'm a particularly partial to green rotting flesh on a mummy, so he is definately my fave!
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

Nice work Squig. I do agree that while the newer jobs are better they need to get mucked up a bit.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Squigface

And here we go, one of the (7?) gobbos in the box.

From this (shield your eyes!);


To this (unshield eyes);


Hate, hate, hate, hate painting tiny little checks though. The new washes were used quite extensively on him, and worked very well I think. I tried to make him look a bit "retro" Red period even, but not excessively.

Comments welcome,
Squig

Custom_Hobby

Nice work :clap2: I love the before and after. It really shows the progress over the years. :occasion14:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bruenor Odinson

Lots and lots of progress, the new gobbo look ace!!!
How hard was it cutting him from the molded base?

Keeper

Nicely retro goblin there squigface  :tip-hat:
:hal: