Custom Hobby Forum

• November 30, 2020, 02:09:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Author Topic: Battle thread 6: The Shadow Klinn returns!  (Read 8520 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Battle thread 6: The Shadow Klinn returns!
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:56:44 PM »

And so it comes to pass that the shady form of Klinn, murderer of Wynsar, has returned to wreak havoc upon all who live upon the isle!

Aurum is on guard so Aurum is awake. Others are asleep so they shall need wakening. However I'll allow people a spot check (difficult) to wake up due to the cold (since sometimes cold can wake you up if you're asleep).

21 Shadow Klinn
20 - Raoul - woken by the cold (barely)
19 Alarian - woken by the cold
16 Rogan - woken by the cold
14 Naedath - Sleeping soundly
13 Aurum (awake, obviously)
6 Kiaphas - woken by the cold (natural 20!)
5 Ivor - asleep
3 Abbot Olmaren - Sleeping soundly

So let's break things down into group 1: Klinn, Raoul, Alarian
Group 2: Rogan, Naedath, Aurum
Group 3: Kiaphas, Ivor, Abbot Olmaren

Unfortunately Aurum rolled a natural 1 on his spot check so he didn't notice the shadowy presence untill it was fully formed. Consequently, Klinn's action this round is not finishing materialising. Instead he'll move to one of the (slowly waking) sleepers (quite possibly Kiaphas who woke up sharply with a natural 20 "'cuase the cold was so close) or charge Aurum instead.

Well Klinn could never boast of his bravery so he's likely to go for a victim (and Kiaphas' natural 20, or best perception of the cold, seems to have marked him out as an unfortunate target). Klinn reaches out with his shadowy form and Kiaphas feels the life drain from his body (2 points of temporary constitution damage).

Go Raoul and Alarian! (But please bear in mind that you are currently prone, unarmed and quite possibly unarmoured too).

Squall is probably safely perched on the roof outside with a fine view of the courtyard.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:37:20 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Battle thread 6: The Shadow Klinn returns!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 09:37:58 PM »

Bad rolls!! He was awake and still didn't see it...  Anyway I will post aurums actions after everyone before me. could Aurum have shouted to wake the group? Oh and he still had his armor on since he had first watch (all the good that did).

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 09:44:37 PM »

Bad rolls!! He was awake and still didn't see it...  Anyway I will post aurums actions after everyone before me. could Aurum have shouted to wake the group? Oh and he still had his armor on since he had first watch (all the good that did).

I've no objections to him raising the alarm as soon as he notices :). It's just that he had a really bad roll there (and to be fair it was sort of phasing in, in a natural shadow, and it's not as if such things happen everyday or he's seen loads of horror films and knows what to expect or anything :p).

Hopefuly this encounter won't get too fatal for anyone (although you might get unlucky). Because Kiaphas was pretty much randomly determined as the initial target I won't force Klinn to focus on him (he'll probably spread the damage about a bit before selecting a victim to muller).

Also, while people are prone I'm perfectly happy for people to stand over them and fight (so in the same square). Yep, Aurum was on watch which is why I reminded the other people (:)) that they might have taken their armour off (probably not if it's light, and due to the potential danger some might have slept in heavier armour too but then I'd just need to look up fatigue rules in the morning :p).

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 09:57:13 PM »

The numbers on the left - they're initiative rolls?

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:05:44 PM »

The numbers on the left - they're initiative rolls?

Yep.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:53:21 PM »

ooc:I'll suppose that I'm not armoured to make it intresting. after all it was rest for the morning i wanted, but he will be sleeping with his sword beside him for easier access.

Feeling that it is getting colder, Alarian awakes and thinks to himself he might as well relive Aurum for his turn at watch. shocked he sees the foul Klinn bearing down on Kiaphas who is just waking.

Immediately Alarian jumps up and shouts a warning as loud as he can 'Awake! Awake you fools we are beset!' and without regard to personal safety  (ooc: and because fighting in your nightshirt gives you that wonderful airflow issue that you normally don't get with all the cumbersome armour) takes his sword and swings at the back of the foul fiend, making sure as not to hit Kiaphas by aiming higher up. (ooc: full attack, no thought to defence)
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 05:09:28 AM »

Raul, having only just made his roll will forget to shout an alarm to the others.  I am also assuming Raul is unarmoured.

He will spend his actions picking up his sword and sheild and picking himself up.  I don't think he'll be able to do anything else this round.
:hal:   

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 10:09:04 AM »

Ivor (if/when he wakes) will cast True Strike (mainly to ignore concealment penalty), go defensive. Next round cast Sorching Ray. (Defensive, not defensive casting).

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 10:32:06 AM »

It's Alarian's lucky day. Standin draws an attack of opportunity (which misses). Was it Alarian or Raoul who took the magic sword from the abbots room? I keep thinking it was Alarian.

He strikes out with the northman's blade and it bites deep. The shade feels the wrath of the northern magic and suffers 8 points of damage. Raoul stands and prepares himself for battle. We now move on to group 2 (that is Rogan, Naedath and Aurum).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 10:33:06 AM »

Aurum lets out a battle cry that if anyone was still sleeping, they aren't anymore, and rushes at the shadow. He attacks with his axe (full attack).

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 10:38:13 AM »

Ah, Raoul had the magic sword so Alarian only dealt 7 damage to it. Not 8. Wow, ammending character sheets I'd forgotten how many weapons (and shields, yes that's shields, plural) Raoul has. He's got to be rattling and jangling as he moves about with things swaying on straps and stuff :).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:41:42 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 10:44:14 AM »

Normally, that is true :icon_smile:

But he just woke up, so he's only carrying what he picked up right now ...
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »

Normally, that is true :icon_smile:

But he just woke up, so he's only carrying what he picked up right now ...

No I just meant that the mental imnage of a chubby fellow huffing anf puffing as he moves about with a bundle of weapons tied on was quite comical.

And he's had enough rest to regain another 4 points of subdual damage (so I've fixed that).

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 05:09:13 AM »

ooc: LOL *the witch and the wombat* comes to mind , if you havent read it get it.
I'll be in my bunk.

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 08:41:54 AM »

Rogan certainly wouldn't have been sleeping in full plate.  He grabs up his mace and casts Bless, as he's not yet had time to refresh his daily spells - he prays in the mornings.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up