News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

Zombie dogs

Started by Bungle, May 30, 2008, 06:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Cheap plastic zombie dogs

terrible photos.

but any really quick tips?



I have done a few..about 4 hours








Perv

Quite a few kennels?

:icon_w00t:

Agentmolar

Wow. just a couple! Very  I am legend.
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Bungle

1 pack of the dogs from the zombies game

I have 3 packs of humans too.... but I hope to get better zombies done first.

If I can zenithal priming down pat the dogs will be more I am legend... ghoul dogs

Custom_Hobby

How many dogs are there in that pic?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Bungle

#5
101

daylight picture




Dr.Evil

I got those dogs as well, were they the glow in the dark ones.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Bungle

Nope just normal medium soft plastic ones.

Zenithal primed, washed with a few colours. wounds washed with gore red, bones and eyes bleached bone.

Then a home made dip from wood dye and a flexible exterior varnish (thought this might work on the flexible plastic)

Touched up afterwards  and matt varnished.

each one has cost me under 10p including the 1p base, paint glue etc... I was not going to spend a long time on them.

Agentmolar

They came up great for such a quick technique.. and cheap as chips too.

I bow to your parsimonious knowledge and speed painting demigod prowess

:bow_kneelsuckers:
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

alrith72

These look great considering the quality of the figures (the dogs i mean). Nearly bought a bag of them at salute as they were so cheap but then knew i would never get them painted so kudos for that. What game are you using them for?
Saving the world, one d20 roll at a time

Bungle

next years Salute game for frothers.

I think we will need a few hundred zombies... I have around 300 more plastic ones if we get desperate.

gi6ers

I'll dig a few out of my already painted box mate.

Perv

Great work, whats your home made dip consist of?  I've just put white spirit in a Ronseal Walnut varnish but think I may have ruined it......

Bungle

Colron Georgian Medium Oak wood dye, and B&Q exterior "clear" varnish.

quite a dark mix in an disposable plastic cup (about 1/2 full), then put in an old paint tin lid so I could flip them and try to keep the underside of the base clear of varnish.

Custom_Hobby

Looks great in sunlight :clap2:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com