Custom Hobby Forum

• January 24, 2022, 11:34:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: Dwarf Siege Gun  (Read 3687 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Re: Dwarf Siege Gun
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »

Okay, so you've got the ramrod, the fuse lighter and the bucket, where's the other two? The cannon ball and the one with the gun loading thing? Since you've got the fuse lighter I can understand the one with the cannon ball being missing but he does need to get the next one ready. You do know this was originaly a 5 crew model, right?

Laikalappie

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 02:34:22 AM »

Yup, I know. It's a quite hard story. To keep it short:

Bought a lot of Dwarf figures from some guy for bargain.
There were two siege guns, two flame cannons and one organ gun with it.
FCs had full crew. The siege guns and organ gun combined, had eight crew. I even had one Dwarf swivel gun crewmember with them. I sold one siege gun, a flame cannon and an organ gun, and I choose to keep these crew.

Perhaps am I going to buy the other two crewmembers some other time, but since you use three crewmembers in game, I'm not going to for now.

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 07:11:51 AM »

The crewmen are easy to find so wont be a problem mate.

I never knew they only allowed 3 crewmen per machine in a game, bloody rules and regulations !!!!  I feel sorry for all those people who have made a large base containing all the crew as I bet GW wont allow the 2 extra to be ignored in a tourney.

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 11:30:58 PM »

I found this again today, and though it might be of use to you when doing water features in the future
http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/infopages/page112.html
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 11:52:10 AM »

The crewmen are easy to find so wont be a problem mate.

I never knew they only allowed 3 crewmen per machine in a game, bloody rules and regulations !!!!

That came in in 4th edition. In 1st to 3rd warmachines varied in power based on the number of crew required to operate them (from 2-10 crew, and yes, I once fielded a 10 crew rock lobber in a siege game).

I feel sorry for all those people who have made a large base containing all the crew as I bet GW wont allow the 2 extra to be ignored in a tourney.

Dwarfs can add an engineer (basicaly like a champion but for warmachine crews) to take it up to 4 crew (with some amazing bonuses) and then you might be able to add a second higher level engineer hero to bulk it out to 5.

Not sure about filling out the goblobber's 6 crew 'though :(.

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 06:47:59 AM »

Makes me wonder why they reproduced the Gob-Lobber with all its crew then !!!!

Cheers for info mate, more reasons to hate GW  :icon_w00t:

Caerban

• Contributors
  • Very Young Dragon
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 07:52:58 AM »

Makes me wonder why they reproduced the Gob-Lobber with all its crew then !!!!

Cheers for info mate, more reasons to hate GW  :icon_w00t:

Now, now! We don't hate GW. But it is another reason to mock them for their money-grubbing inconsistency :D
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »

You will see why I don't hate them soon enough... :bludrgn2:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 08:48:28 AM by Custom_Hobby »

Laikalappie

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »

Sorry guys, haven't looked on this forum in ages, mainly because I was (and still am) quite busy with school.

To tell you the truth; I've nearly done nothing to this figure. I was too late for the OPC I wanted to use it for, and never started painting it again afterwards. New pics will just show you some minor updates, probably.

Dwarf Cannons with 5 crew? Hmm, it's possible, yeah. 3 Crew + Engineer + Master Engineer. That'd mean it does (if any of you actually play warhammer :) ) D6 Wounds and .. you can re-roll some dice or so, I never added an engineer to cannons, really. Aside from having 5 crew, of course, which is a nice advantage as well.

I'm two weeks from vacation, after that I'm going to London/Nottingham for three days (Warhammer World  :icon_w00t:), and after th├ít, I'll have a whole load of time for warhammer, which will incluse this project.