Custom Hobby Forum

• December 01, 2020, 10:51:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Part 11: Back at the Abbey  (Read 18296 times)

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
Re: Part 11: Back at the Abbey
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2008, 11:42:32 PM »

'well we know what that thrice damned thing fears now', says Alarian as he sits down heavily into a vacant chair.
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2008, 05:59:41 AM »

Raul gathers up his stuff once more.

"I think we should close that window and continue to get whatever rest we can before dawn.  Aurum, take a chance to rest and I'll take the next watch."
:hal:   

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2008, 07:38:07 AM »

[OOC] Unless Squall does the "Timmy's in the well" routine, Kiaphas has no way of knowing what she's seen, and will go back to sleep. If she does, he'll try and get a group of non-spellcasters to go and help out the poor drunk. Maybe grab some food for Squall.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »

Ivor will think about memorising more fire spells in the morning.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2008, 10:20:37 AM »

Alarian turns to the Abbot. 'where are th oil supplies kept? and torches?' he asks. 'i think we should leave a few burning (torches) just in case it tries to come back or has friends.
I'll be in my bunk.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2008, 11:08:48 AM »

Aurum nods and removes his armor to get some sleep. "Now we know what it fears" as the last words are said smoke comes from Aurums mouth for a second.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2008, 09:19:50 AM »

Abbot Olmaren informs Alarian that "torches and oil would be down in the toolshed."

Now that's downstairs and outside. Who wants to risk the journey (and hopefuly put down some more zombies for xp alon the way) ?

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2008, 09:24:46 AM »

"I would sleep better knowing we had ready torches to beat that horror off with," mutters Kiaphas tiredly.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2008, 09:32:42 AM »

Aurum lifts his head for a second "Look around the room, I did that. Just remember to get behind me." He winks and tries to go back sleep with a smile.

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »

"I appreciate that, friend. However, I don't know how often you can do that, and I'm not a man to depend on others, no offence."

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »

'peace. in the morning we can outfit, right now id be hard pressed to do more than use harsh lauguage at anything larger than a mouse.' alarian adresses the group ' i'll stand my watch now  with Raul then, im tired but only in body. i dont think i could sleep well now anyway.'
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »

A light snore can be heard from small bundle of cloth and machine in the corner.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »

Jondyn Werrit had had a rotten day. First he awoke to strangers prodding about and the memory that he was no longer in the abbot's employ. These strangers were boring. They were no fun. They wouldn't drink with him. He took them to the old ruins, although why they wanted to see them was beyond him. And then he found a body, a corpse, crushed at the bottom of the cliff. His stomach had heaved and he longed for the boat to come and pick him up. If only he'd been awake when it arrived earlier he could have caught it then. Maybe it would have some cheap grog he could indulge in.

Well they'd headed back to the abbey and it was true. Everyone was dead.

Well Jondyn Werrit didn't care too much, just so long as whatever killed them wasn't around to hurt him he'd be fine, he hoped. He didn't owe these monks anything. He didn't work for them, not anymore. Not since they'd decided he wasn't good enough for them. Well if they weren't going to pay him any more he'd just go and help himself to a bottle or two of guardian fire. They wouldn't miss it. They were dead. And he'd always thought it a little oto expensive for his meagre wages. Much too expensive in fact. And now there it was, just lying there. They wouldn't miss it.

Surreptitiously he picked up a pair of jugs of the strong liqour and headed off to find somewhere quiet where he could celebrate his freedom in style. As he sauntered off in search of somewhere secluded his eye lit upon the guest house. Well he'd never been no hoighty toighty namby pamby geust but he wasn't working now and how come the workers never got to stay in there anyway but got to sleep in their own communal work quarters?

Well he was going to enjoy the luxury of these private quarters. He wasn't going to let anyone tell him what not to do. Jondyn entered the geust house and drank his fill. And then he slept.

Later, much later, he woke, a sound, what was that? Groggily he half rose to his feet, and then collapsed as his legs failed him. "Wozzat," he asks, "who's there?" Something is moving. Moving slowly and clumsily into the room. Ah it must be one of the others. Maybe they've found some guardian fire too. That's why they can't walk properly. As the figure approaches a shaft of moonlight from the window falls upon it's cold dead features and Jondyn screams!

About ten minutes have passed since the attack of the shadow. I'll be kind and give Raoul back a point of subduaul damage. Everyone hears the scream but unfortunately nobody is halfway downstairs yet or anything like that (although it's worth remembering that the toilets are in a separate building).

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2008, 01:38:34 PM »

Aurum hears the scream and snaps up. "Sounds like they're at it again." He starts putting on his armor while the others gather.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »

A gruff mumbling comes from a pile of rags & meachinery in the corner, slowly coalescing into the form of Ivor.

The confused Gnome isn't sure whether to rub his eyes or check his equipment, trying to do both at the same time, but succeeding in neither.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up