Custom Hobby Forum

• December 04, 2020, 03:08:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: Part 11: Back at the Abbey  (Read 18303 times)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
Re: Part 11: Back at the Abbey
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 08:09:54 AM »

Aurum nods to his brother "You were always better with words. You knew what I meant. Lets get this search underway."

Rod the Worm

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 09:09:53 AM »

Rogan puts a hand on Aurum's well-armoured shoulder with a smile.  "And you were always better with an axe.  You've always watched my back in a fight, and I'll always watch yours the rest of the time."

With that he begins checking through the rooms and corridors upstairs with the others to make sure there are no zombies hiding there.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 09:31:18 AM »

Would you like to indicate which way he's heading? There should be a copy of the map in the maps thread.

There isn't, I really need to update the maps.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 01:40:55 PM »

I guess we can go from H to I, J, and K and then do the rest of the floor from there.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 10:15:26 AM »

Turning right Raoul pushes open the door to brother Milnus' room. It still contains the bed, box and writing desk but there are no moving corpses in here. From the council chamber up ahead come the shuffling shambling sounds of dead bodies moving about. They seem to have sensed the party's presence.

Let battle commence.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 10:07:14 AM »

Round 1:

Already tired from his earlier exertions, Raoul ducks into the doorway to let the others past. Aurum strides boldly along the corridor and comes to a halt at the door to the council chamber. True enough the fallen bodies of the monks and workmen have risen up and are shambling about. Summoning up the heart of the dragon Aurum opens his jaws wide and issues forth a great gout of flame!

For a few moments it's as if the whole world's ablaze with glorious fire and then it dies down. The walking dead are badly burned. By some miracle he has missed the small table with the book of records. The carpet has not fared so well. It's singed and smoking and a great black burn mark is smeared across the ceiling. Small flames flicker from the charred remains of the manychairs that line the chamber's walls.

Advancing up behind him Rogan bellows out a command to the fouls magicks inhabiting these corpses to begone! Four corpses slump to the ground, dead once more as the foul energy has been driven forth.

The remaining three fleshpuppets shamble forwards, one of which has miraculously escaped the flames. Two of them reach out to grasp Aurum and pull him into the room but his axe flashes out and one of them falls, his chest split open.

Rounding the corner, Alarian decides to wait for a better opportunity as he might not be needed afterall. Meanwhile behind him Ivor is distracted by a moving shadow in one of the acolyte's cells which turns out to be the last remaining sunlight, and the sickly green light, shining through the leaves of a tree in the garden outside. Kiaphas stays back to protect the little gnome.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 09:31:27 AM »

Rounds 2 & 3:

Rogan and Aurum advance into the room and swiftly put down the remaining deadwalkers.

The group then decides to split up and search the rest of this floor. Since nobody wanted to make any actual decisions, Raoul, Ivor and Alarian go left, Kiaphas, Aurum and Rogan go right.

When Raoul, Ivor and Alarian reach the scriptorium something has changed. The body of the red headed acolyte Erlik is gone. However Raoul spies it crouched in hiding beneath one of the writing tables at the far end of the room, clutching a small blade used for sharpenning quills, as a weapon.

The rest of the group are still searching the southern rooms. They'd definately hear the sounds of any struggle but would take a few rounds to arrive.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »

Aurum keeps on searching and listening for sounds of trouble.

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »

Alarian sighs, and Quietly talks to what once was the acolyte Erlik, as he walks forward.

'i promise to end it quick, so you may rest once more.' with that Alarian attacks with his Broadsword. (power attack, or cleave, whitch ever hurts more :icon_wink: once its my inish that is)
I'll be in my bunk.

PaulH

• Contributors
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »

Ivor readies a spell in case it's needed.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 04:25:19 AM »

Raul prepares himself to attack the zombie also.
:hal:   

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 07:39:08 AM »

Alarian and Raoul hack down, severing any shred of life that may be enchanted to remain in this foul thing. Hearing the commotion, the others come to investigate. That was the last zombie upstairs.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 08:22:13 AM »

Aurum hearing the commotion Rushes over to see what is going on. Seeing that the fight is over he tells the others "The the floor is clear. Lets tell the others."

Hawkins

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 08:59:24 AM »

Alarian, stares at the corpse for a few seconds, then shivers and turns to fallow the others.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:28:46 AM by Hawkins »
I'll be in my bunk.

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »

Raul kneels and prays for the dead monk.

"This is getting deeply unpleasant." he says out loud.
:hal:   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up