Custom Hobby Forum

• December 05, 2020, 10:32:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Battle Thread 2: Beneath the ruins of Diamasin's Hall  (Read 2641 times)

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
Battle Thread 2: Beneath the ruins of Diamasin's Hall
« on: January 10, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »

In the surprise round the zombie tried to grapple the flatfooted Ivor. It succeeded rather successfuly and caused him to suffer 3 points of subdual damage. More importantly it's got him by the ankle and doesn't want to let go. It's still prone.

Now it's a bit cramped down in the tunnel so I've had Aurum and Kiaphas climb the ladder. Raoul and ALarian are at the bottom of the ladder (Raoul because he's still tired and resting from earlier, and Alarian because he's a bit morbid like that).

Raoul 23
Kiaphas 22
Ivor 14
Zombie 8
Aurum 4
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:26:39 PM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
Re: Battle Thread 2: Beneath the ruins of Diamasin's Hall
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:35:40 PM »

On my turn could I perhaps reach past the little gnome and strike at the zombie with my trident?

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
    • Keeper's CheddarMonger Gallery
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:57:58 AM »

Raul will draw the sword that he liberated from artifacts at the abby and attack the zombie.  Ideally he'd like to try and chop its head off - nothing can move without a head, can it? But if that's not possible, a regular attack would suffice.

Sorry, Balgin, can't remember what rules I might need to use to go for a decapitation swing.
:hal:   

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:42:32 PM »

I'm not even on the map. Does that mean I was the first to leave? No need to answer

Aurum hearing the commotion turns around and rushes to Ivor's aid. He takes a hack at the arm holding him once he is close enough.

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 03:17:37 AM »

Okay, so Raoul draws his sword, shuffles a square to the right and slashes down viciously at the zombie. It's prone as well. Attack roll 16, damage 9. That's a pretty impressive start.

Kiaphas can indeed perform a reach attack after he's got down the ladder (he's currently up above). I accidentaly rolled an attack for him anyway (thinking Alarian was Kiaphas on the battle map). Attack roll 24 (natural 20 but undead are immune to crits), 4 damage (absorbed by damage reduction).

Ivor attempts to break free and gets an impressive 15 for his grapple check. The zombie tries to restrain him and gets an 18. It then attempts to wrench his leg about (inflict unarmed damage). It gets a 3 and Ivor gets a 0 to resist! (Yeah, having a -2 grapple check is pretty bad). He suffers 5 points of real damage.

Aurum then descends the ladder. I was really hoping the little gnome'd break free and make a bolt for the ladder (making room for more combatants). Alarian hasn't done anything yet but I think we can assume he's done nothing (too wrapped up in his own dark thoughts) or that he's going to try to help Ivor somehow (shame he can't stand in the same square as Raoul). I'll assume that he gets off the ladder to let Aurum down.

It'd probably be a good idea to force the zombie back into the star chamber where you guys could flank it (hopefuly Raoul or Aurum could shoulderbarge it or hurl it in as it's still lying on the floor).

Important note: Ivor is actualy currently in the zombie's square trying to head west to the ladder. I've put him behind it so that you can see them both, he was in it's square in the earlier map as well. Nothing unusual about it, just a technicality if anyone wanted to try to pull him free or anything).

So this round the zombie has suffered 9 damage and Ivor has suffered 5 (it hauled him back and bit his ankle). It's time for round 2 guys. Have fun :).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:34:40 AM by Balgin Stondraeg »

Mr Teufel

• Young Dragon
    • Mr Teufel's LJ
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 06:11:51 AM »

Kiaphas' next move will be to pull Ivor up the ladder (bodily if necessary).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 06:15:52 AM »

Raul will do the same thing again - dead zombies can't kill Ivor!

Balgin Stondraeg

• Very Old dragon
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 03:32:30 AM »

Raoul attacks: attack roll 26 (1 shy of a crit threat but it's undead anyway) and he deals a whopping 8 damage. Well the zombie can't take that much punishment so it's fight over as the thing crumples :).

Keeper

• Administrator
  • Old Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 05:51:39 AM »

"Sorry, Monk, but no-one attacks Ivor and gets away with it!"