News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

Durthen Berserker on Boar

Started by dargrin, January 03, 2008, 04:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dargrin

Here is one of many projects I am working on.  I will be finishing this and others on Saturday.  I have organized a paint day at a game store so I have a full day of just painting.  So here he is.......

Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

gi6ers

That is an excellent paintjob on a cool mini. Where is he from?

dargrin

#2
Reaper Miniatures.  This is from thier Warlord line.  Here's a linky:

http://reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/14451
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com

Bungle

Wow....

I was going to point out a few things.... some bits still need a sheen on them like they eyes.. beads of sweat on the riders brow.. the odd shiney bit of metal.. a damp boars nose...

then I remembered you said a WIP.....

then  I remembered it was a 25mm toy soldier and not something for an art gallery.


:clap2: :clap2:

Caerban

Now that's mighty fine! I'm particularly enamoured of the piggy's eye.  :clap2: :clap2:
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Theomar Pius

Oh that's great, buckets of character there, on both the rider and the boar. Great work.

Bodhi

Quote from: Bungle on January 03, 2008, 05:18:28 PM

then  I remembered it was a 25mm toy soldier and not something for an art gallery.

BAH! Same thing! It's just a matter of "emperors clothes cultural status". This would fit in ANY artgallery. But they're not worth it! WE ARE though  :icon_wink:
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Keeper

Superbly, fantastically, excellent, Dargrin :)

Nothing I can say but to encourage you to get in based up so we can see him in his "natural" environment!  :icon_wink:
:hal:   

dargrin

Wow.  Thanks for the kind words guys.  I spent allot of time on him I hope to have the finished product one Saturday.
Long term exposure to the Orb of Confusion will give you...er.. confusion!

I invite you to my dot on the web: http://www.darkgrinminiatures.com