Custom Hobby Forum

• May 25, 2022, 11:31:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Author Topic: Post Apoc  (Read 4146 times)

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
Re: Post Apoc
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 05:09:41 PM »

From my first mail to Bungle (before I had shown him pics):
"I'm doing a figure with a hat and glasses made in honour of your avatar"  :icon_wink:
And the gyro pilot in Mad max is my favourite character in the films (I said so somewhere up there) so it WAS supposed to kind of be him.
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 05:14:44 PM »

You do realise that really ugly hairy face is mine... I got the solar topee and goggles on holiday.

Solar Topee for my hat collection....

and goggle to wear while driving ( thats the problem when you have a car with no windscreen)

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

@ Bungle = I always thought that was you (now we all know for sure). It looks like you are going to have one hell of a line come the official launch.

@ Bodhi = I think you did a great job of incorportaing both the avatar and the character into the figure.

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »

I love this sculpt.

Im really taken with aviator caps and pilot minis at the moment. Reminds me of artizans stuff.

Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Theomar Pius

• Inner Circle
  • Young Dragon
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 10:19:57 PM »

You do realise that really ugly hairy face is mine... I got the solar topee and goggles on holiday.

Solar Topee for my hat collection....

and goggle to wear while driving ( thats the problem when you have a car with no windscreen)

what are you driving, a morgan? An MG? oooh, an Alfa?

snuurg

• Global Moderator
  • Wyrmling
    • snuurg.com
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 01:18:56 AM »

holy heckalumps, good work Bodhi - don't think I'll be venturing into that sorta scale any time soon - still getting the hang of 28mm, never mind anything that small.
...I am the thing that darkness fears...

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 05:52:44 AM »

what are you driving, a morgan? An MG? oooh, an Alfa?

with the weather at the moment  - something else thats warm.

this sort of car is in the garage... A Lomax 224 in cream with steel wheels instead of wire..

its a kit car based on a Citroen 2CV.... with a tiny 650cc engine that pushes the car up to 75..... the wind reshaping my face has stopped me taking it any faster

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 05:56:10 AM by Bungle »

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 06:24:32 PM »

You can tell bungle is happy to drive his beast! The insects on his teeth tell the story!
 :icon_wink:
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 06:47:31 PM »

15/18mm !  :icon_w00t:

Nice work!
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 06:21:15 AM »

You can tell bungle is happy to drive his beast! The insects on his teeth tell the story!
 :icon_wink:

Yep... a huge grin factor when driving the car.
My brother in law built it as a demo car, when he was building them for other people. This one got featured in a few magazines and track tested. It had 600 miles on the clock when I got it.

A big unexpected VAT bill caused the sale, so I am sort of holding it in trust

Bodhi

• Global Moderator
  • Adult Dragon
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 06:28:49 AM »

That's a real veteran car that is! Do you participate in meetings for veteran car collectors and stuff as well?
I participate every year in something called "The prince Bertil memorial day". Prince Bertil was a prince here in Sweden who collected old cars and every year there's a big show in his honour next to a harbor.
I haven't even got a drivers licence but us scuba divers participate by cleaning the harbor of junk. It's amazing what you find dumped there. The diving couple which finds the most amazing piece of junk wins a price. I thought we had it when we managed to haul up a bathtub (with the aid of balloons) but someone else found an entire carmotor so they won it instead... And then I enjoy strolling and watching the old cars as well.

Edit: O sorry I saw that yours was a newly built one. Did your brother in law use designs from an existing veteran car or did he design it himself?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 06:32:42 AM by Bodhi »
Allways treat other people as the goal,not as the means.
Immanuel Kant.

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 07:03:44 AM »

That's a real veteran car that is!
Edit: O sorry I saw that yours was a newly built one. Did your brother in law use designs from an existing veteran car or did he design it himself?

If it was a real veteran car I couldn't afford it. I stretched at the time, as my sister and Brother in law needed the cash quickly, and he was forced to part with the car. (but it wasn't charity or a loan  :icon_wink: )

Its a fibreglass body shell, available in various types, as a three wheeler with a full soft top roof etc. But mine has 4 wheels and no roof. No doors so you climb in over the sides.

http://www.burtoncar.com/burtoncar-lomax-lomax-en.asp

it turns heads as people think it is an old Morgan or something, but as it has no roof, it doesn't get parked in city centres or anywhere "dodgy" which restricts its use to fun days out in the country.. and going to work on fine dry days (where they have security cameras to watch it)

You can build one for 5K to 10k Euros depending on how much you find the 2CV for and what sort of engine you want.

Grey Wire wheels at 220 Euros each or chromed at 330 is so tempting... but I can't afford 5.

I was toying with the idea of  a temporary HMG mount and using it for the frothers games next year  :Doh!: parked next to the game.. but getting it there would be a problem. and the expense of buying a deactivated HMG...