News:

Your friendly happy Custom Hobby Forum moderators are working tirelessly to keep our community free of inane and useless rabble.  Please stand by while we adjust settings to keep things friendly for our loyal contributors while preventing spam from littering our little corner of the Internet.  Thank you!  -- The Custom Hobby team

Main Menu

Bugger this!!!

Started by Dr.Evil, October 12, 2007, 08:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Evil

I want and need to start painting again, got three plastic Pirate skulls (no backs) that I primed and want to have painted for Halloween decoractions.
So I will be painting at them this weekend.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Dr.Evil

2-3 hour painting later.

The skin....
Bone is not finished yet but I think I got a good start on it.
The nasty black primer I used for the first time on plastic, made a few wrinkles on the surface which gave it a slightly rough look.

It's a bit bigger than a cats skull to give you an idea of scale.

What would be a good glaze for the bone, blue?
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Fabian

I wish I still had pics of the skulls my housemate and I made for a play once...

Anyway! Blue might give a supernatural touch to them - go for it!
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?


Dr.Evil

This one was started from Black and highlighted up, Think I will try starting from white with the next one and shading it.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Theomar Pius

I'll be looking forward to the results for sure.
Every year I take a lot of pride in my jack o lanterns, and always take a picture to save them.

Custom_Hobby

Theomar did you take pics this year?

Wristy did you finish the skulls?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Dr.Evil

That one is still the same and I sprayed one white to try shading it instead of highlighting and the other got a light spray of white to show where to highlight and give the highlights a start.

Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Perv

why are there 3 sets of teeth?  I'd primer grey, heavy drybrush light grey, lightly drybrush white, add a thin black ink with matt medium in over the whole thing to add some more depth in shading.  Using a large brush you could get this done in no time mate.  If you find you over drybrush anywhere use a thin black ink to counter.  If you want a natural skull look prime grey or white, drybrush everywhere with buff or bleached bone, all over brown ink, drybrush buff\bleached bone again.  Add a few extreme white highlights if necessary  :icon_wink:

Dr.Evil

With out checking a skull, the top set that look like teeth are where your top lip covers.
If you rub a finger with some pressure across there on you, you can feel that it is like that.

No dry brushing was used on the skull, it was all free hand.  :icon_cool:

I'm trying not to dry brush unless I have to, so I can build up my brush skills, painting more often would help as well. :icon_redface:

Been busy yesterday and today, so the painting I planned to do, didn't get done.  :icon_tears:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Perv

I always thought those lumps and bumps were the roots of my teeth, only 1/3rd actually shows I was led to believe, Molar?  Do they really look like that with all flesh removed?  never noticed it b4 on any skull but they're not something I look at a lot thankfully  :icon_w00t:

Yeah painting more often is the key, I dont paint much at all now and am actually getting worse at it....gotta sort myself out for this alice fig....

Custom_Hobby

When in doubt ask the resident dentist....
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com