Custom Hobby Forum

• January 22, 2021, 08:04:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Author Topic: Italian Ebayers  (Read 2346 times)

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
Italian Ebayers
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:58:26 AM »

Hello everyone, now I dont want this thread to be taken as racist because it isnt. Paolo Di Canio is one of my all time heroes !!!  I just want to know how many people have had problems when selling to an Italian Ebayer?  So far I have been trading on Ebay for just over 3 years and I have had 3 auctions won by people living in Italy and each time I have had problems with payment from them.  I have never had any problems from any other people from anywhere in the world and I have spoken to a few fellow Dwarf sellers and they have also had issues with selling to people from Italy.

Any auctions I list in future I am going to specify that they are for Worldwide bidders except for people living in Italy but I'd like to hear if people have had same issues as me or not just in case I have dealt with the few dodgy people in Italy and there is still a whole country full of decent buyers......

I live on Pizza, Spaghetti Bolognese, Lasagne and Pasta Bakes by the way :-)

Best wishes

George

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
Re: Italian Ebayers
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:21:09 AM »

Ill say some random italian words, Pasta, Gnocchi, Caeser,  mention my fine italian friends and my excellent italian dental technician to ally any fears of being a racist. Not to mention my fine australian barber of italian heritage who in his words " I dont like going to rome because they are dodgy there"

The only place in europe i felt people were trying to rip me off was in italy when i visited there. I always had to check my change. Once i recieved 30 euros change from a 100 euro note for a 8 euro purchase... and the guy looked blankly at me!
I was discussing this with my excellent italian australian barber who explained that there is this strange culture of trying to rip off another person as a testament to you outsmarting them. Growing up an Aussie he doesnt get it either.

It might therefore be a culturalist statment rather than racist!!  :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_mrgreen:

Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 07:39:12 AM »

lmao

aha that would explain it !!!!  I wouldnt say the people I have dealt with are nasty or rude they have just been a pain in the arse.  I will stick with sending to anywhere but Italy though to save on headaches lol

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »

I guess I have been lucky. I have never had a problem with dealing with someone from Italy or anywhere else on Ebay.

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:17:02 AM »

were lucky cos I havent been too badly treated there either, just a few mishaps.  I've head of a lot of people having problems though

Bungle

• Thats "Mr" to you
  • Global Moderator
  • Mature Adult dragon
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:21:35 AM »

I have heard of traders complaining about "loosing" packages in the italian postal system.

"Signed for" stuff and "tracked" stuff just isn't, parcels are never confirmed as being delivered.

So I don't know if it is the Italian posties or the culture.

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 10:49:13 AM »

I have been thinking of switching to a service like UPS or DHL to avoid cases like that.

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »

minimum price for me to send something in UK via DHL etc is around £10 so its an expensive way of doing things.  I send all my swords this way and nothing has gone missing so far but things have been tampered with b4 they reached their destination.....nothings bloody easy !!!

Custom_Hobby

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wyrm
    • Custom Hobby
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »

Perv put the link to your site in your sig or at least on your profile. Actually I have been lucky with sending things to the UK and have not had a problem yet. I might use it for expensive items, large orders or areas I don't usually deal with (that I have heard are issues).

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 11:40:42 AM »

I was discussing this with my excellent italian australian barber who explained that there is this strange culture of trying to rip off another person as a testament to you outsmarting them.

If you've watched the way the Portugese play football recently I'd say they've got the same cultural thing going too.

I have heard that Italians actualy use this philosophy when playing Warhammer too by doing everything they can short of cheating and really just taking the piss (not playing very seriously at all) if they think it gives them a chance of winning. Apparently they're lovely people to meet but really horrible to play Warhammer of do business with.

Perv

• Young Adult Dragon
  • MMMMmmmmmm
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 12:01:58 PM »

http://www.samuraiswordsets.co.uk

I am closing down the business so everyone from this forum gets a 20% discount.

Sending to US is always expensive for me though, roughly £40 to send a 4 kilo set of swords....Thats more than I sell the swords for.....

lol yep I agree on the Portuguese football, Ronaldo (spit) has a must win at all costs attitude.  No matter how much he embarasses himself...They do have some great skill though in Deco and Ronaldo (spit) and Figo.

I can imagine if dealing with some like that thru Ebay is hard enough, playing them at Warhammer would be infuriating.  It'd have to be Dwarfs vs Geenskins or Elves vs Dark Elves for true atmosphere :-)

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 07:52:06 AM »

i think the problem is getting pasy customs first. often this can be the bane of manya sender.  Hasslefree and Black Scorpion have had loads of problems with foreign orders all over europe, HF decided to introduce the option of insurance to protect them, but over christmas Adam (black scorpion) was saying how such a large amount of orders were going missing in a certain country.

i have had enough bad expeiences with english ebayers, so i wouldn't say it's a region specific problem

Dr.Evil

• Time to take over the world!
  • Global Moderator
  • Old Dragon
  • Ever watchful
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 08:36:59 AM »

I allways send stuff recorded, gives you proof of sending and proof if it got there and insurance as well.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction

Fabian

• Chief of the Oak Priests
  • Inner Circle
  • Adult Dragon
    • My Cheddarmongers gallery
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 09:35:21 AM »

No probs at all with Italian ebayers, i always have trouble with German ones...  :blink:
The questions we should be asking are these:
Does it have dungeons?
Does it have dragons?
Does it have transients who kill things for money?  Do you roll a d20?

Agentmolar

• Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • The Tooth is out there.
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »

So does poland  :stickpoke: :icon_mrgreen:
Funny isnt it how naughty dentists always make their one fatal mistake.
Bye for now, keep your teeth clean
www.dentalserenity.com.au